2. Personnel Management
3. The Front Office
4. Written Communication NEW
5. Medical Record
6. Billing, Coding, and Collections
7. Fraud, Abuse, and Compliance
8. Documentation and Risk Assessment
9. Ethical and Legal Issues
10. Health Care Technology
11. Safety and Health
12. Responsibilities of the Manager
13. Outpatient Services, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Hospitals
14. The Financial Side
15. Medical Marketing
A. Sample Employee Pension Plan Booklet
B. Medicare Carriers and Medicare Fraud Units by Region
C. Internet Website Addresses for Health Care Professionals
D. Abbreviations and Symbols Used in the Medical Office
E. Patient Information Handbook for Central City Gastroenterology Associates
F. Central City Medical Associates Office Procedure and Policy Manual
G. Answers to Teasers, Testers, and Thinkers
H. Sample Encounter Form
I. Audit Summary Report
With proven techniques and professional insight, this one-of-a-kind resource is your complete guide to ensuring both effective patient care and sound business practices in the medical facility. From the front office to financial management, each detailed chapter addresses the interpersonal and administrative concerns you’ll face in the management of a medical office, accompanied by realistic forms, letters, and procedural policies that help you prepare for on-the-job success. This new edition keeps you up to date on emerging developments in billing and coding, documentation, ethical and legal issues, and technological advances to help you keep your medical office at the forefront of the competitive health care field.
- Manager’s Alert boxes detail measures to help you avoid complications and prevent potential emergencies.
- From the Expert’s Notebook boxes help you build daily decision-making skills with helpful tips, suggestions, and insights drawn from real-world practice.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce concepts and help you assess your understanding.
- Detailed appendices provide fast, easy access to commonly used abbreviations and symbols, Medicare information, helpful websites, and answers to the end-o-f-chapter exercises, as well as a sample procedure and policy manual to guide you in developing your own practices.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2009
- 3rd November 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Director of Physician Services, Parente Randolph, LLC, Harrisburg, PA