Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Preparation for the NCLEX-RN Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse
3. Pathways to Success
4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Graduate's Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Issues in Nursing
6. Cultural Diversity and Health Practices
7. Ethical and Legal Issues
8. Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care
Unit III: Nursing Sciences
9. Fluids and Electrolytes
10. Acid-Base Balance
11. Laboratory Values
13. Parenteral Nutrition
14. Intravenous Therapy
15. Administration of Blood Products
Unit IV: Fundamental Skills
16. Provisions of a Safe Environment
17. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Solutions
18. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Guidelines for Healthcare Providers
19. Perioperative Nursing Care
20. Positioning Clients
21. Care of a Client with a Tube
Unit V: Maternity Nursing
22. Female Reproductive System
23. Obstetrical Assessment
24. Prenatal Period
25. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
26. Labor and Delivery
27. Problems with Labor and Delivery
28. The Postpartum Period
29. Postpartum Complications
30. Care of the Newborn
31. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit VI: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
32. Theories of Growth and Development
33. Developmental Stages
34. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
35. Care of the Older Client
Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing
36. Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders
37. Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders
38. Respiratory Disorders
39. Cardiovascular Disorders
40. Gastrointestinal Disorders
41. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
42. Renal and Urinary Disorders
43. Integumentary Disorders
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination has been called "the best NCLEX exam review book ever." You’ll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover – complete content review and over 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD! Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri's Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. And, what's even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It's easy to see why Silvestri is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it – read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why Silvestri users believe that there's nothing else like it!
- Each question includes the correct answer, a complete rationale for all responses, and a test-taking strategy to help you develop techniques for locating the correct response.
- Each question includes a page reference to an Elsevier textbook to allow for further research and study.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, and audio questions to prepare you for the wide variety of question types on the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Organization by nursing content area provides a logical, effective review to use throughout your nursing program.
- Pyramid Terms define key terms at the beginning of each major unit or chapter.
- Pyramid Points within each chapter highlight content that is important in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of major units or chapters and specific content related to the latest NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter to reflect this priority content on the NCLEX exam.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam, test-taking strategies, the NCLEX-RN exam from a student's perspective, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- A companion CD allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, cate
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI