This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
Get everything you need to review for the NCLEX-PN exam from one trusted source! This unique, bestselling review and preparation guide offers the perfect combination of core content review, practice questions, comprehensive rationales, and detailed test-taking strategies from the NCLEX expert herself: Linda Silvestri. Updated to reflect the latest NCLEX-PN test plan, this new edition features over 4,200 high-quality review questions in the book and on the companion Evolve website to help you hone your understanding of all the important NCLEX-PN content areas.
- More than 4,200 practice questions in the text and companion Evolve site provide ample testing practice in both print and electronic format – 500 more than the last edition!
- 15 pharmacology chapters address the emphasis on pharmacology questions on the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Hundreds of alternate item formats — including multiple response, ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, figure, chart/exhibit, audio, graphic option, and video questions — prepare you for this additional component of the new NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Pyramid points identify content that typically appears on the NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of the chapter, guidance on what content to focus on, and its relative importance to the most recent NCLEX-PN test plan.
- Comprehensive exam consisting of 85 questions related to all content areas in the book and representative of the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN test plan.
Unit I – NCLEX-PN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-PN Examination
2. Preparing for the NCLEX Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse
3. Pathways to Success
4. The NCLEX-PN Examination: From a Student’s Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II – Issues in Nursing
6. Cultural Diversity
7. Ethical and Legal Issues
8. Delegating, Managing, and Prioritizing Client Care
Unit III – Nursing Sciences
9. Fluids and Electrolytes
10. Acid-Base Balance
11. Laboratory Values
12. Nutritional Components of Care
13. Intravenous Therapy and Blood Administration
Unit IV – Fundamental Skills
14. Hygiene and Safety
15. Medication and Intravenous Administration
16. Basic Life Support
17. Perioperative Nursing Care
18. Positioning Clients
19. Care of a Client with a Tube
Unit V – Maternity Nursing
20. Female Reproductive System
21. Obstetrical Assessment
22. Prenatal Period and Risk Conditions<
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 1st June 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI
"This is a nursing text book to end all text books as this is so comprehensive and the chapters are well set out and it does not take the reader long to navigate around the book...This is written especially for the nursing students to pass the NCLEX-PN exam. It is still a valuable resource for the nursing student in the UK. As this is so comprehensive, this is a book to refresh the newly qualified nurse and would be a valuable resource in any nursing university or hospital library."
Nursing Times, April 2013