Help alleviate your pre-test jitters with this essential nursing resource! Written by the most trusted experts in NCLEX® prep, Saunders 2020-2021 Strategies for Test Success, 6th Edition introduces tools for overcoming text anxiety and tactics for developing effective study habits. Essentially, it teaches you how to master the things that matter most on your nursing school exams: critical thinking, problem solving, and time management. This essential guide features over 1,200 practice questions and rationales to help you tackle anything from a routine quiz to the NCLEX. It also includes a wealth of proven tips and real-world hints to help you confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats. Plus, additional questions on the Evolve website gives you even more preparation material!
- 1,200 review questions are included in the book and online, providing a 2-in-1 approach to learning strategies and test-taking skills
- Increased focus on critical thinking uses different strategies to help you develop clinical judgement skills, and the ability to question data, and client abnormalities.
- Helpful Tips for the Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- UNIQUE! Student-to-Student Hints highlight real life strategies that have helped other students graduate from nursing school and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Practice questions coded for the beginning, intermediate, or experienced student, making this book a useful tool throughout your nursing school career.
- Clearly defined cognitive levels help if you are unfamiliar with this terminology and its significance.
- Coverage of Interprofessionalism discussed where appropriate throughout text.
- Priority concepts for each question help you to link your concept-based classes and NCLEX prep.
- A fun, 4-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help engage visual learners.
Part I: Study and Test Preparation
1 Preparing for Nursing Examinations
2 Developing Study Skills
3 Reducing Test Anxiety
4 NCLEX® Preparation
Part II: Strategies for Success
5 Alternate Item Formats
6 How to Avoid “Reading into the Question”
7 Positive and Negative Event Queries
8 Questions Requiring Prioritization
9 Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
10 Communication Questions
11 Pharmacology, Medication, and Intravenous Calculation Questions
12 Additional Pyramid Strategies
Part III: Practice Tests
13 Foundations of Care Questions
14 Adult Health Questions
15 Mental Health Questions
16 Maternity Questions
17 Pediatric Questions
18 Pharmacology Questions
19 Delegating/Prioritizing Questions
20 Leadership/Management Questions
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2020
- 22nd August 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island Part-Time Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Henderson, Nevada Elsevier Consultant, HESI NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® Live Review Courses
Assistant Professor & BSN Program Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada Registered Nurse, Henderson Hospital Medical Center, Henderson, Nevada Consultant, Nursing Reviews, Inc., Henderson, Nevada