- Presents mathematical concepts in a pedagogic and straightforward way to enhance understanding across disciplines
- Explains how a variety of satellite data can be used for gravity field determination and other geophysical applications
- Covers a number of problems related to gravimetry and the gravity field, as well as the effects of atmospheric and topographic factors on the data
- Addresses the regularization method for solving integral equations, isostasy based on gravimetric and flexure methods, elastic thickness, and sub-lithospheric stress
Geodesists, Geophysicists, Geologists, Seismologists, Volcanologists, Geochemists; also students and engineers in related fields
Table of Contents
- 1. Earth Gravity Field Presentations
2. Structure Satellite Gravimetric Data
3. Modelling Perturbing Potentials
5. Determination of Lithospheric and Sublithospheric Stresses
6. Satellite Gravimetry and Local Gravity Field
7. Satellite Gravimetry and Crustal Structure
8. Satellite Gravimetry and Sublithospheric and Lithospheric Stresses
9. An Overview of Regularization
- No. of pages: 500
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2020
- Published: September 15, 2020
- Imprint: Elsevier
- eBook ISBN: 9780128169377
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128169360
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Farzam F. Fri Sep 25 2020
Perfect for the researchers in earth fields
This book provides comprehensive information about theoretical and practical gravimetric sciences. I think this book has been written with a different approach which is ideal for geodesics, geophysicists, and geologists. As a geodesics, I am really impressed by the work the author has done with a high degree of detail.
Alireza A. Fri Sep 25 2020
I highly recommend this book for all students and professors in gradiometric subjects. I think applicational and mathematical issues have been considered in this book.
Guy F. Fri Sep 25 2020
This book is good for the researcher who needs a mathematic foundation for remote sensing applied to geodesy
Majid A. Fri Sep 11 2020
PhD in Geodesy
I absolutely recommend this book and think that the book will be very usable for both geodesics and geophysicists.
Ali M. Thu Sep 10 2020
I do recommend it.
I know Dr. Mehdi Eshagh for several years. He is a knowable person who's seeking to teach students the best method of learning the subjects.