- Helps computer science students and developers integrate security into their applications
- Includes sections on risk estimate, MVC modeling, the cyphering (certificates, bi-keys, https protocol)
Junior developers, computer science students
Table of Contents
1: Why Do Web Applications Need to be Secure?
- 1.1 What is a web application?
- 1.2 What is computer security?
- 1.3 Examples of damage caused by security failures
2: Estimating Risk
- 2.1 What is risk?
- 2.2 How can we protect ourselves from risk?
- 2.3 Determining the target
- 2.4 Determining the impact
- 2.5 Which causes or scenarios should be considered?
- 2.6 How should this study be performed in a company setting?
3: Encryption and Web Server Configuration
- 3.1 Examples of different web servers
- 3.2 Introduction to concepts in encryption
- 3.3 Generating and managing encryption certificates
- 3.4 Implementing the HTTPS protocol
- 3.5 Improving the security of the Apache server
- 3.6 In summary
4: Threats and Protecting Against Them
- 4.1 The threats associated with web-based environments
- 4.2 The top 10 most frequent attacks in 2013
- 4.3 Other countermeasures
- 4.4 Implementing a resource controller
5: Managing User Logins and Assigning Permissions
- 5.1 Managing user logins
- 5.2 Managing permissions
- 5.3 In summary
6: Using the MVC Model to Structure the Application
- 6.1 Why does the application structure matter?
- 6.2 What is the MVC model?
- 6.3 Conclusion
7: Implementing a Suitable Technical Platform and Testing the Application
- 7.1 Designing a suitable technical architecture
- 7.2 Testing the security of the application
- 7.3 What options do we have if implementing security measures for an application seems an impossible task?
- No. of pages: 224
- Language: English
- Copyright: © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2017
- Published: April 6, 2017
- Imprint: ISTE Press - Elsevier
- eBook ISBN: 9780081023624
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781785482281
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Safety of Web Applications"