Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. New Trends in Food Technology for Green Recovery of Bioactive Compounds from Plant Materials
Jana Šic Žlabur, Sandra Voća, Mladen Brnčić, Suzana Rimac-Brnčić
2. Different Bioengineering Approaches on Production of Bioflavor Compounds
Muge Isleten Hosoglu, Onur Guneser, Yonca Karagul Yuceer
3. Biocompatibility and toxicity of allotropic forms of carbon in food packaging
Katarzyna Mitura and Pawel K. Zarzycki
4. Fabrication of functional electrospun nanostructures for food applications
Yun Ping Neo, Sudip Ray, Conrad O. Perera
5. Bioactive peptides as functional food ingredients
Sonia Esther Barberis, Anabella Lucía Origone, Mauricio Omar Adaro and Grisel Bersi
6. Potential applications of cyclodextrin inclusion complexes, liposomes, and drug-in-cyclodextrin-in-liposome in food industry and packaging
Carine Sebaaly, Catherine Charcosset, Sophie Fourmentin, Hélène Greige-Gerges
7. Coacervation technique as an encapsualtion and delivery tool for hydrophobic biofunctional compounds
Bo Wang, Taiwo Akanbi, Dominic Agyei, Brendan Holland, Colin J. Barrow
8. Food hydrocolloids as matrices for edible packaging applications
Alberto Jiménez, Raquel Requena, María Vargas, Lorena Atarés, Amparo Chiralt
9. Probiotic and Synbiotic Yogurt Production Using Free or Alginate/Resistant Starch Microencapsulated Lactobacillus plantarum
10. Nutraceutical Formulation Strategies to Enhance the Bioavailability and Efficiency: An overview
Ali Asghar, Muhammad Atif Randhawa, Muhammad Musaddaq Masood, Abdullah, Muhammad Asim Irshad
11. Health Perspectives of an Isoflavonoid-Genistein and its Quantification in Economically Important Plants
Ashwini Malla and Sathishkumar Ramalingam
12. Microbial polyamino acids: an overview for commercial attention
Sandip B. Bankar, Pranhita R. Nimbalkar, Prakash V. Chavan, Rekha S. Singhal
13. Promising functional lipids for therapeutic applications
Debjyoti Paul, Tanmoy Kumar Dey Amrita Chakraborty and Pubali Dhar
14. Status and Future Prospects of Fructooligosaccharides as Nutraceuticals
C. Ganesh Kumar, Sarada Sripada and Yedla Poornachandra
15. Food Materials Science in Egg Powder Industry
Mian Kamran Sharif, Makkia Saleem and Komal Javed
The Role of Materials Science in Food Bioengineering, Volume 19 in the Handbook of Food Bioengineering, presents an up-to-date review of the most recent advances in materials science, further demonstrating its broad applications in the food industry and bioengineering. Many types of materials are described, with their impact in food design discussed. The book provides insights into a range of new possibilities for the use of materials and new technologies in the field of food bioengineering. This is an essential reference on bioengineering that is not only ideal for researchers, scientists and food manufacturers, but also for students and educators.
- Discusses the role of material science in the discovery and design of new food materials
- Reviews the medical and socioeconomic impact of recently developed materials in food bioengineering
- Includes encapsulation, coacervation techniques, emulsion techniques and more
- Identifies applications of new materials for food safety, food packaging and consumption
- Explores bioactive compounds, polyphenols, food hydrocolloids, nanostructures and other materials in food bioengineering
Research scholars (PhD and Postdocs), Post graduate students and industry personnel working in the food engineering area, food science and pharmaceutical industries
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 2nd April 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, in the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, with a second affiliation to the Faculty of Medical Engineering, at the Politehnica University of Bucharest in Romania. He is an experienced and oft-published researcher and editor in the field of nano and biomaterials, and he is the Editor-in-Chief of three journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He also serves as editor or guest editor for several notable journals. Dr. Grumezescu has published 150 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters, 6 co-authored books and 11 edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.