- eBook ISBN 9781483285047
- Print ISBN 9781856171328
Thoroughly revised, this authoritative report continues to provide a comprehensive, yet accessible introduction to Fixed Industrial Robots.
This 1991/92 edition ensures that professionals involved in Factory Automation have a comprehensive reference source enabling them to keep abreast of all the key developments in this powerful and rapidly evolving technology.
The report examines the different kinds of industrial robots from the following angles:
• How they are programmed to perform certain tasks.
• How they are integrated into the manufacturing process.
• Their use in manufacturing plants for assembly, painting, sealant application and welding.
• Vision systems
• Expert systems
• Industrial end effectors
• Commercial end–of–arm tooling
• Automatic guided vehicles
• Robotics safety
• Checking and evaluating robots
• The economic justifications for robots
• Employee support for robots.