- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of pathology through clinical vignette-style questions emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Single-best-answer and extended-matching formats reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
- Efficiently review a wide spectrum of topics with page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with answers and detailed explanations for every question at the end of each chapter.
- Enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines by examining correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data.
- Visualize key pathologic concepts and conditions and test your diagnostic skills with over 1,100 full-color images.
- Challenge your knowledge with a final comprehensive exam of 50 USMLE-style questions covering random topics.
UN I T I General Pathology
1 The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease
2 Cellular Pathology
3 Inflammation and Repair
4 Hemodynamic Disorders
5 Genetic Disorders
6 Immune System Diseases
7 Neoplastic Disorders
8 Infectious Diseases
9 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10 Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
U N I T II Diseases of Organ Systems
11 Blood Vessels
12 The Heart
13 Hematopathology of White Blood Cells
14 Hematopathology of Red Blood Cells and Bleeding Disorders
15 The Lung
16 Head and Neck
17 Gastrointestinal Tract
18 Liver and Biliary Tract
21 The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22 Female Genital Tract
23 The Breast
24 The Endocrine System
25 The Skin
26 Bones, Joints, and Soft-Tissue Tumors
27 Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28 Central Nervous System
29 The Eye
30 Final Review and Assessment