RFID and Wireless Sensors using Ultra-Wideband Technology explores how RFID-based technologies are becoming the first choice to realize the last (wireless) link in the chain between each element and the Internet due to their low cost and simplicity.
Each day, more and more elements are being connected to the Internet of Things. In this book, ultra-wideband radio technology (in time domain) is exploited to realize this wireless link. Chipless, semi-passive and active RFID systems and wireless sensors and prototypes are proposed in terms of reader (setup and signal processing techniques) and tags (design, integration of sensors and performance).
The authors include comprehensive theories, proposals of advanced techniques, and their implementation to help readers develop time-domain ultra-wideband radio technology for a variety of applications.
This book is suitable for post-doctoral candidates, experienced researchers, and engineers developing RFID, tag antenna designs, chipless RFID, and sensor integration.
- Includes comprehensive theories, advanced techniques, and guidelines for their implementation to help readers develop time-domain ultra-wideband radio technology for a variety of applications
- Discusses ultra-wideband (UWB) technology in time-domain that is used to develop RFID systems and wireless sensors
- Explores the development of hipless, semi-passive, and active identification platforms in terms of low-cost readers and tags
- Integrates wireless sensors in the proposed chipless and semi-passive platforms
Postdoctoral candidates and engineers working on RFID: RFID tag antenna, chipless RFID, developing automatic design tools for RFID antenna tags and sensors, the practical implementation of chipless technology and sensor integration. Academics and researchers in the field of RF systems for embedded and communication applications, RFID manufacturers and systems integrators.
Chapter 1: Introduction to RFID and Chipless RFID
Chapter 2: Chipless Time-Coded UWB RFID: Reader, Signal Processing and Tag Design
Chapter 3: Wireless Sensors Using Chipless Time-Coded UWB RFID
Chapter 4: Semi-Passive Time-coded UWB RFID: Analog and Digital Approaches
Chapter 5: Wireless Sensors using Semi-Passive UWB RFID
Chapter 6: Active Time-coded UWB RFID
Chapter 7: Indoor Localization with Smart Floor Based on Time-coded UWB RFID and Ground Penetrating Radar
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2016
- 14th April 2016
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: