- Effectively prepare for the ABMS sleep exam using case-based multiple-choice and fact-testing questions that parallel those on the test.
- Identify the reasoning behind each answer with comprehensive explanations so you know how to think logically about the problems.
- Quickly review crucial material with succinct summaries of all aspects of working with the sleep disordered patient.
- Master the content tested on the exam through explanatory high-yield tables and charts, sleep stage scoring, and an artifacts and arrhythmias mini-atlas.
- Tap into the expertise of a multidisciplinary team of recognized leaders ranging from world-renowned sleep researchers to sleep clinicians and educators.
Avidan/Review of Sleep Medicine, 3/e
SECTION I: HIGHLIGHTS OF SLEEP MEDICINE
Chapter 1: Sleep Medicine and the Boards
Chapter 2: Introduction to Normal Sleep, Sleep Deprivation and the Work Place
Chapter 3: Introduction to Evaluation Tools Used in Sleep Medicine
Chapter 4: An Overview of Polysomnography
Chapter 5: Sleep Stage Scoring
Chapter 6: Physiological Changes in Sleep
Chapter 7: Overview of Sleep Neurobiology
Chapter 8: Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders: Clinical Features and Evaluation
Chapter 9: Treatment of Sleep Disordered Breathing
Chapter 10: Cardiovascular Pathophysiology of Sleep Apnea
Chapter 11: Cardiac Monitoring and Scoring in Polysomnography
Chapter 12: Narcolepsy and Hypersomnias of Central Origin: Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment
Chapter 13: Insomnia Differential Pearls and Psychiatric Comorbidities
Chapter 14: Diagnosis and Treatment of Parasomnias
Chapter 15: Sleep-Related Movement Disorders
Chapter 16: An Overview of EEG and Epilepsy
Chapter 17: Disorders of Sleep-Wake Timing
Chapter 18: Effects of Drugs on Sleep
Chapter 19: Pearls of Pediatric Sleep
SECTION II: PRACTICE EXAMS FOR THE ADVENTUROUS
Chapter 20: Tools in Clinical Sleep Medicine
Chapter 21: Normal Sleep
Chapter 22: Mechanisms of Sleep Neuroscience
Chapter 23: Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
Chapter 24: Cardiology in Sleep Medicine
Chapter 25: Sleep Disorders in Neurology Practice
Chapter: 26: Disorders of Central Nervous System Hypersomnia
Chapter: 27: Parasomnias in Sleep Medicine
Chapter 28: Motor Disorders of Sleep
Chapter 29: Sleep-Wake Timing Disorders
Chapter 30: Insomnia: Pathophysiology, Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Management
Chapter 31: Seizures