Successfully review sleep medicine whether you plan to improve your sleep medicine competency skills or prepare for the Sleep Medicine Certification Exam with this expanded review-and-test workbook that includes more than 1,400 interactive questions and answers online. Now in full color throughout, Review of Sleep Medicine, 4th Edition, by Dr. Alon Y. Avidan, features a new, high-yield format designed to help you make the most of your study time, using figures, polysomnography tracings, EEG illustrations, sleep actigraphy and sleep diaries, tables, algorithms, and key points to explain challenging topics. The text is fully searchable online and features hundreds of interactive questions and answers in study and timed practice modes, making this the ideal resource for ABSM exam preparation.
- Includes concise summaries of all aspects of sleep medicine clinical summaries from epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical features, diagnostic techniques, treatment strategies and prognostic implications.
- Provides a library of assessment questions with comprehensive explanations to help you identify the reasoning behind each answer and think logically about the problems.
- Offers the expertise of a multidisciplinary global team of experts including sleep researchers, multispecialty sleep clinicians, and educators. The unique strength of this educational resource is its inclusion of all sleep subspecialties from neurology to pulmonary medicine, psychiatry, internal medicine, clinical psychology, and Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
- Perfect for sleep medicine practitioners, sleep medicine fellows and trainees, allied health professionals, nurse practitioners, sleep technologists, and other health care providers as review tool, quick reference manual, and day-to-day resource on key topics in sleep medicine.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Section I: Sleep Medicine Exam Preparation
1. Introduction to Sleep Medicine
Section II: Highlights of Normal Sleep
2. Sleep Phylogenic Evolution and Ontogeny
3. Normal Human Sleep Wake Patterns
4. Highlights of Sleep Neuroscience
5. Normal Sleep Physiology (Including Respiratory and Cardiac Physiology)
6. Genetics in Sleep Medicine
7. Introduction to Evaluation Tools Used in Sleep Medicine
8. An Overview of Polysomnography
9. Sleep Stage Scoring
Section III: Synopsis of Sleep Disorders
10. Sleep Deprivation
11. The Insomnias
12. Narcolepsy and Hypersomnias of Central Origin: Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment
13. Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders: Clinical Features and Evaluation
14. Treatment of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
15. Circadian Rhythm Disorders
16. Diagnosis and Treatment of Parasomnias
17. Sleep-Related Movement Disorders
18. Overview of Electrocephalography and Epilepsy
19. Sleep and Neurological Disorders
20. Sleep and Psychiatric Disorders
21. Sleep in Medical Disorders and Special Populations
22. Pediatric Sleep-Wake Disorders
23. Synopsis of Geriatric Sleep Disorders
24. Cardiac Monitoring and Scoring in Polysomnography
25. Pharmacotherapy of Common Sleep Promoting Agents
26. Medication Effects on Sleep
27. Overview of Sleep Practive Parameters
Section IV: Testing Knowledge in Sleep Medicine: Practice Exams
28. Mechanism and Disorders of Circadian Physiology
29. Tools in Clinical Sleep Medicine
30. Practice Examination—Pediatric Sleep Disorders
31. Cardiology in Sleep Medicine
32. Pulmonary Sleep Clinical Case Studies
33. Psychiatry Clinical Case Studies
34. Insomnia Clinical Pearls and Case Studies
35. Neurology in Sleep Medicine: Polysomnography Case-Based Assessment
36. Hypersomnia Case Studies
37. Clinical Cases: Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders
38. REM and Non-REM Parasomnias
39. Seizures and Sleep
40. Sleep Related Movement Disorders
41. Sleep and Medical Disorders, and Special Populations
42. Sleep Pharmacology
43. Polysomnography Pearls
44. Sleep Stage Scoring
46. The Use of Statistics in Sleep Medicine—Exam Questions
47. Knowing your Sleep Practice Parameters
48. Quality Measures in Sleep Medicine
49. Normal Sleep Patterns
50. Mechanisms of Sleep Neuroscience
- Statistics in Medicine
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Statistics for Clinical Trials and Audit
- Horne-Östberg Morningness-Eveningness Questionnaire
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 1st September 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor and Vice Chair, Director, UCLA Sleep Disorders Center; UCLA Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.