Prepare to think critically, take a more clinical perspective, and connect theory with practice! Written specifically for respiratory care students in an easy-to-understand format, Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice, 4th Edition details applied respiratory and cardiovascular physiology and how anatomy relates to physiological functions. Content spans the areas of detailed anatomy and physiology of the pulmonary, cardiovascular, and renal systems, and covers the physiological principles underlying common therapeutic, diagnostic, and monitoring therapies and procedures. Thoroughly updated to reflect changes in the NBRC exam, this comprehensive, clinically relevant text features open-ended concept questions that help you learn how to think like the expert you aim to become.
- Chapter outlines , chapter objectives, key terms, and a bulleted points to remember feature highlight important concepts and make content more accessible.
- Open-ended concept questions require reasoned responses based on thorough comprehension of the text, fostering critical thinking and discussion.
- Clinical Focus boxes throughout the text place key subject matter in a clinical context to help you connect theory with practice by understanding how physiology guides clinical decision-making in the real world.
- Appendixes contain helpful tables, formulas and definitions of terms and symbols.
- Evolve resources include a 600-question test bank in NBRC-style, PowerPoint presentations with ARS questions, an image collection, and an answer key to concept questions.
SECTION I: THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
1. The Airways and Alveoli
2. The Lungs and Chest Wall
3. Mechanics of Ventilation
5. Pulmonary Function Measurements
6. Pulmonary Blood Flow
7. Gas Diffusion
8. Oxygen Equilibrium and Transport
9. Carbon Dioxide Equilibrium and Transport
10. Acid-Base Regulation
11. Control of Ventilation
12. Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships
13. Clinical Assessment of Acid-Base and Oxygenation Status
14. Physiological Basis for Advanced Oxygenation and Lung Protective Strategies
15. Physiology of Sleep Disordered Breathing
16. Fetal and Newborn Cardiopulmonary Physiology
SECTION TWO: THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
17. Functional Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
18. Cardiac Electrophysiology
19. The Electrocardiogram and Cardiac Arrhythmias
20. Control of Cardiac Output and Hemodynamics
SECTION III: THE RENAL SYSTEM
21. Filtration, Urine Formation, and Fluid Regulation
22. Electrolyte and Acid-Base Regulation
SECTION IV: INTEGRATED RESPONSES IN EXERCISE AND AGING
23. Cardiopulmonary Response to Exercise in Health, Disease
24. Effects of Aging on the Cardiopulmonary System
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 14th April 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: