Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
In order to promote the sustainable development of renewable energy and renewable-energy-driven technologies, Renewable-Energy-Driven Future: Technologies, Modelling, Applications, Sustainability and Policies provides a comprehensive view of the advanced renewable technologies and the benefits of utilizing renewable energy sources.
Discussing the ways for promoting the sustainable development of renewable energy from the perspectives of technology, modelling, application, sustainability and policy, this book includes the advanced renewable-energy-driven technologies, the models for renewable energy planning and integration, the innovative applications of renewable energy sources, decision-support tools for sustainability assessment and ranking of renewable energy systems, and the regulations and policies of renewable energy.
This book can benefit the researchers and experts of renewable energy by helping them to have a holistic view of renewable energy. It can also benefit the policymakers and decision-makers by helping them to make informed decisions.
- Presents the advanced renewable-energy-driven technologies and the innovative applications of renewable energy sources
- Develops the models for the efficient use of renewable energy, decision-making and the investigation of its climate and economic benefits
- Investigates the sustainability of renewable energy systems
- Features the regulations and policies of renewable energy
Renewable researchers, academics, engineers; solar/wind power system designers and installers and policy-makers
Part I: Technologies
1. Solar energy technologies: principles and applications
2. Bioenergy for better sustainability: technologies, challenges and prospects
3. Organic Rankine cycle driven by geothermal heat source: life cycle techno-economic-environmental analysis
4. Renewable energy based trigeneration systems — technologies, challenges and opportunities
5. Integrated power transmission and distribution systems
Part II: Modelling
6. Integrated inexact optimization for hybrid renewable energy systems
7. Large-scale integration of variable renewable resources
8. The climate and economic benefits of developing renewable energy in China
Part III: Applications
9. The utilization of renewable energy for low-carbon buildings
10. Towards a renewable-energy-driven district heating system: key technology, system design and integrated planning
11. Renewable-energy-driven desalination for more water and less carbon
Part IV: Sustainability
12. The environmental performance of hydrogen production pathways based on renewable sources
13. Integrated economic-environmental-social assessment of straw for bioenergy production
14. Sustainability assessment of renewable-energy based hydrogen and ammonia pathways
15. An extended fuzzy divergence measure-based technique for order preference by similarity to ideal solution method for renewable energy investments
16. Multicriteria decision making for the selection of the best renewable energy scenario based on fuzzy inference system
Part V: Policy
17. How much is possible? An integrative study of intermittent and renewables sources deployment. A case study in Brazil
18. Renewable energy technologies: barriers and policy implications
19. Policies for a sustainable energy future: how do renewable energy subsidies work and how can they be improved?
20. Renewable energy-based power generation and the contribution to economic growth: the case of Portugal
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st September 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Jingzheng Ren, Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR, P.R. China Dr. Jingzheng Ren is also Adjunct Associate Professor at University of Southern Denmark. His research mainly focuses on operations management for energy, environment, and sustainability, including multicriteria decision-making methods, life cycle sustainability assessment, process system engineering, artificial intelligence and circular economy, etc. He has published more than 140 journal papers, 7 edited books and 30 book chapters. Many of his papers have been selected as the Essential Science Indicators top 1% highly cited papers or identified and highlighted as the Key Scientific Article contributing to the excellence in energy research.
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.