Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Renewable energy economics and policy
2. Renewable energy resource assessment
3. Solar energy: Photovoltaics, solar thermal energy, solar energy for fuels
4. Wind energy: Wind farms, rotors and blades, on- and offshore wind conditions, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics
5. Bioenergy: biofuels, biomass conversion, artificial photosynthesis
6. Distributed energy generation: rooftop PV, distributed fuel cells, distributed wind, micro-hydrogen power generation
7. Power distribution and systems modeling: Power electronics and controls, smart grid
8. Energy efficient buildings: smart windows, PV, wind, power management
9. Energy conversion: flexoelectric, piezoelectric, thermoelectric, other technologies
10. Energy storage: batteries, supercapacitors, hydrogen storage, other fuels
11. Fuel cells: proton exchange membrane cells, solid oxide cells, hybrid fuel cells, other
12. Marine and hydroelectric energy: dams, tides, waves, other
13. Transportation: alternative vehicle technologies, plug-in technologies, other
14. Geothermal energy
15. Energy storage including batteries, flow batteries and supercapacitors
16. Catalysis for energy technologies, including the sustainable synthesis of fuels and chemicals, and molecular/bioinspired catalysis
17. Fuel cells
18. Hydrogen production, storage and distribution
19. Carbon capture, storage and utilisation, including chemicals from carbon dioxide
20. Bioenergy including biofuels and biomass conversion
21. Capacitive desalination and desalination batteries
22. Sustainable energy conversion technologies including thermochemical, piezoelectric and thermoelectric materials and devices
Renewable and Sustainable Energy addresses the increasingly important concept of sustainability, it’s impact on industry, society, energy use and emerging impacts on our environment. Acting as a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policymakers come together, the book explains how to develop, manage and improve technologies, methods and working practices to make the entire energy production process more sustainable. This international perspective is emphasized to achieve solutions toward a sustainable future with a view to sustaining the global economy and the environmental and ecological balance for societal benefits.
Providing a unified platform for the dissemination of advanced engineering principles to real-life technological, financial, regulatory, managerial and ethical problems encountered in the sustainable energy and environmental profession, this book is useful for key professional players in renewable energy use and relevant to the physical science and engineering communities.
- Features advanced engineering principles and real-life technological examples
- Combines research from a variety of disciplines to provide comprehensive coverage on this diverse subject
- Explores the relationship between sustainability and energy productivity, supply quality and successful renewable implementation
Graduate students and researchers, with backgrounds in electrical, renewable, mechanical and industrial engineering, with an interest in sustainability. Professionals and engineers working in the renewable energy industry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Kaushik Kumar, B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering, REC [Now NIT], Warangal), MBA (Marketing, IGNOU) and PhD (Engineering, Jadavpur University), is presently Associate Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 17 years of teaching & research experience and over 11 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing unit of global repute. His areas of teaching and research interest are CAD/CAM, quality management systems, optimization, non-conventional machining, rapid prototyping and composites.
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Mrs. Sweta Singh, B.E., (Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Lakshmi Narain College of Technology Bhopal ), M.E. (Electrical Engg, Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, Ranchi) is presently pursuing her PhD from Manipal University, Jaipur India in the domain of rural electrification and renewable energy policy making. Her research interest is power electronics, renewable energy, rural electrification and demand side management. She has a number of publications to her credit and has been facilitated with a number of awards.
Research Scholar, Department of Electrical Engineering, Manipal University, Jaipur, India
Divya Zindani, is presently pursuing his Ph.D. at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar. He has over 2 years of Industrial experience. His areas of research interest are optimization, product and process design, CAD/CAM/CAE and rapid prototyping. He has 1 Patent, 6 Books, 1 Edited Book, 14 Book Chapters, and 8 international journal publications to his credit.
Ph.D., Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India
Dr. J. Paulo Davim is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials and mechanical engineering. In addition, he has authored/co-authored more than 80 book chapters and 400 articles for journals and conferences. He is the Series Editor of the Woodhead Publishing Reviews Mechanical Engineering Series.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.