Find out how to use evidence to improve your practice! Thoroughly covering the full range of rehabilitation research with a clear, easy-to-understand approach, Rehabilitation Research: Principles and Applications, 5th Edition will help you analyze and apply research to practice. It examines traditional experimental designs as well as nonexperimental and emerging approaches, including qualitative research, single-subject designs, outcomes research, and survey research. Ideal for students and practitioners in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders, this user-friendly resource emphasizes evidence-based practice and the development of true scientist-practitioners.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter provides an overview of the important concepts of EBP and the WHO model of health and disease.
- Interdisciplinary author team consisting of a PT and an ASHA dually-certified SLP/AUD brings an interdisciplinary focus and a stronger emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- Discipline-specific examples are drawn from three major fields: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders.
- Coverage of nonexperimental research includes chapters on clinical case studies and qualitative research, so you understand a wide range of research methods and when it is most appropriate to use each type.
- Finding Research Literature chapter includes step-by-step descriptions of literature searches within different rehabilitation professions.
1. Rehabilitation Research
2. Theory in Rehabilitation Research
3. Evidence-Based Practice
4. Finding Research Literature
5. Research Ethics
Section 2: Research Design
6. Research Paradigms
8. Research Validity
9. Selection and Assignment of Participants
Section 3: Experimental Designs
10. Group Designs
11. Single-Subject Designs
Section 4: Nonexperimental Research for Rehabilitation
12. Overview of Nonexperimental Research
13. Clinical Case Reports
Section 5: Research Beyond the Everyday
14. Qualitative Research
16. Outcomes Research
17. Survey Research
Section 6: Measurement
18. Measurement Theory
19. Methodological Research
Section 7: Data Analysis
20. Statistical Reasoning
21. Statistical Analysis of Differences: The Basics
22. Statistical Analysis of Differences: Advanced
23. Statistical Analysis of Relationships: The Basics
24. Statistical Analysis of Relationships: Advanced
Section 8: Being a Consumer of Research
25. Evaluating Evidence One Article at a Time
26. Synthesizing Bodies of Evidence
Section 9: Implementing Research
27. Implementing a Research Project
28. Publishing and Presenting Research
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 20th July 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Physical Therapy, Governors State University, University Park, IL
Professor Emeritus, Department of Communication Disorders, Governors State University, University Park, IL