Find out how to use evidence to improve your practice! Thoroughly covering the full range of rehabilitation research with a clear, easy-to-understand approach, Rehabilitation Research: Principles and Applications, 5th Edition will help you analyze and apply research to practice. It examines traditional experimental designs as well as nonexperimental and emerging approaches, including qualitative research, single-subject designs, outcomes research, and survey research. Ideal for students and practitioners in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders, this user-friendly resource emphasizes evidence-based practice and the development of true scientist-practitioners.
- Evidence-Based Practice chapter provides an overview of the important concepts of EBP and the WHO model of health and disease.
- Interdisciplinary author team consisting of a PT and an ASHA dually-certified SLP/AUD brings an interdisciplinary focus and a stronger emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- Discipline-specific examples are drawn from three major fields: physical therapy, occupational therapy, and communication sciences and disorders.
- Coverage of nonexperimental research includes chapters on clinical case studies and qualitative research, so you understand a wide range of research methods and when it is most appropriate to use each type.
- Finding Research Literature chapter includes step-by-step descriptions of literature searches within different rehabilitation professions.
Section 1: Research Fundamentals
1. Rehabilitation Research
2. Theory in Rehabilitation Research
3. Evidence-Based Practice
4. Finding Research Literature
5. Research Ethics
Section 2: Research Design
6. Research Paradigms
8. Research Validity
9. Selection and Assignment of Participants
Section 3: Experimental Designs
10. Group Designs
11. Single-Subject Designs
Section 4: Nonexperimental Research for Rehabilitation
12. Overview of Nonexperimental Research
13. Clinical Case Reports
Section 5: Research Beyond the Everyday
14. Qualitative Research
16. Outcomes Research
17. Survey Research
Section 6: Measurement
18. Measurement Theory
19. Methodological Research
Section 7: Data Analysis
20. Statistical Reasoning
21. Statistical Analysis of Differences: The Basics
22. Statistical Analysis of Differences: Advanced
23. Statistical Analysis of Relationships: The Basics
24. Statistical Analysis of Relationships: Advanced
Section 8: Being a Consumer of Research
25. Evaluating Evidence One Article at a Time
26. Synthesizing Bodies of Evidence
Section 9: Implementing Research
27. Implementing a Research Project
28. Publishing and Presenting Research
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 30th June 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Physical Therapy, Governors State University, University Park, IL
Professor Emeritus, Department of Communication Disorders, Governors State University, University Park, IL
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.