Covering the full spectrum of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury, this practical reference by Drs. Blessen C. Eapen and David X. Cifu presents best practices and considerations for numerous patient populations and their unique needs. In an easy-to-read, concise format, it covers the key information you need to guide your treatment plans and help patients relearn critical life skills and regain their independence.
- Covers neuroimaging, neurosurgical and critical care management, management of associated complications after TBI, pharmacotherapy, pain management, sports concussion, assistive technologies, and preparing patients for community reintegration.
- Discusses special populations, including pediatric, geriatric, and military and veteran patients.
- Consolidates today’s available information and guidance in this challenging and diverse area into one convenient resource.
Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury, 1e
- Acute Management of TBI (Editor Note: Neurosurgical & Critical Care Management)
- Defintion, Severity Classifcation, Epi, and Pathophys Levels of Rehab Care (Editor Note: including IDT, MDT)
- Management of Complications after TBI (Editor Note: Spasticity, DVT, Autonomic Dysfunction, Neuroendocrine, HO,GI Nutriotional issues)
- Neurological Disorders (Editor Note: including Hydrocephalus, Post traumatic Seizures, Cranial N d/o, Movement Disorders, Neurosensory Changes)
- Assessment and Management of Military & Veteran TBI
- Assessment and Management of Sports Concussion
- Neuropsychiatric Sequale (Editor Note: including Post-Traumatic Agitation)
- Pharmacotherapy in Rehabilitation of TBI
- Post Traumatic Pain Management
- Disorders of Consciousness
- Cognitive Rehabilitation (Editor Note: through the continuum of care)
- Prognosis, Outcome Measures, and Prevention
- Pediatric TBI
- Geriatric TBI
- Neuroprosthetics (Editor Note: including Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication Device, Mobility)
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Anoxic Brain Injury
- Community Reintegration (Editor Note: including Educational,Vocational,Driving)
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 26th January 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Medical Director of Polytrauma Transitional Rehabilitation Program, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Division of Polytrauma/ PMΡ Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, San Antonio, Texas
Professor and Chairman, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; National Director for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, Office of Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia