Covering the full spectrum of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury, this practical reference by Drs. Blessen C. Eapen and David X. Cifu presents best practices and considerations for numerous patient populations and their unique needs. In an easy-to-read, concise format, it covers the key information you need to guide your treatment plans and help patients relearn critical life skills and regain their independence.
- Covers neuroimaging, neurosurgical and critical care management, management of associated complications after TBI, pharmacotherapy, pain management, sports concussion, assistive technologies, and preparing patients for community reintegration.
- Discusses special populations, including pediatric, geriatric, and military and veteran patients.
- Consolidates today’s available information and guidance in this challenging and diverse area into one convenient resource.
Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury, 1e
- Acute Management of TBI (Editor Note: Neurosurgical & Critical Care Management)
- Defintion, Severity Classifcation, Epi, and Pathophys Levels of Rehab Care (Editor Note: including IDT, MDT)
- Management of Complications after TBI (Editor Note: Spasticity, DVT, Autonomic Dysfunction, Neuroendocrine, HO,GI Nutriotional issues)
- Neurological Disorders (Editor Note: including Hydrocephalus, Post traumatic Seizures, Cranial N d/o, Movement Disorders, Neurosensory Changes)
- Assessment and Management of Military & Veteran TBI
- Assessment and Management of Sports Concussion
- Neuropsychiatric Sequale (Editor Note: including Post-Traumatic Agitation)
- Pharmacotherapy in Rehabilitation of TBI
- Post Traumatic Pain Management
- Disorders of Consciousness
- Cognitive Rehabilitation (Editor Note: through the continuum of care)
- Prognosis, Outcome Measures, and Prevention
- Pediatric TBI
- Geriatric TBI
- Neuroprosthetics (Editor Note: including Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication Device, Mobility)
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Anoxic Brain Injury
- Community Reintegration (Editor Note: including Educational,Vocational,Driving)
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 24th January 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Blessen Eapen is the Chief of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Department at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System and is a Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Eapen is a physiatrist, researcher, and medical educator who has received numerous professional awards and honors and has authored many peer-reviewed publications, chapters and books in the field of rehabilitation medicine
Chief, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System; Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
David Xavier Cifu is an American physiatrist, researcher, and medical educator. He is the Associate Dean for Innovation and System Integration in the School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, the chairman and Herman J. Flax M.D. Professor of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Virginia Commonwealth University, staff physiatrist at the Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Administration Medical Center, founding director of the VCU-Center for Rehabilitation Science and Engineering and senior TBI specialist in the Department of Veterans Affairs' Veterans Health Administration.
Professor and Chairman, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; National Director for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, Office of Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.