Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Red Wine Technology is a solutions-based approach on the challenges associated with red wine production. It focuses on the technology and biotechnology of red wines, and is ideal for anyone who needs a quick reference on novel ways to increase and improve overall red wine production and innovation. The book provides emerging trends in modern enology, including molecular tools for wine quality and analysis. It includes sections on new ways of maceration extraction, alternative microorganisms for alcoholic fermentation, and malolactic fermentation. Recent studies and technological advancements to improve grape maturity and production are also presented, along with tactics to control PH level.
This book is an essential resource for wine producers, researchers, practitioners, technologists and students.
- Provides innovative technologies to improve maceration and color/tannin extraction, which influences color stability due to the formation of pyranoanthocyanins and polymeric pigments
- Contains deep evaluations of barrel ageing as well as new alternatives such as microoxigenation, chips, and biological ageing on lees
- Explores emerging biotechnologies for red wine fermentation including the use of non-Saccharomyces yeasts and yeast-bacteria coinoculations, which have effects in wine aroma and sensory quality, and also control spoilage microorganisms
Enologists, researchers, professors and wine technologists in the wine microbiology, composition and analysis Industries. Wine industry professionals.
- Grape Maturity and Selection. Automatic Grape Selection.
Luca Giorgio Carlo Rolle
2. Acidification and pH Control in Red Wines
Piergiorgio Comuzzo and Franco Battistutta
3. Maceration and Fermentation. New Technologies to Increase Extraction
4. Use of Non-Saccharomyces Yeasts in Red Winemaking
5. Yeast Biotechnology for red winemaking
Francisco Carrau Sr.
6. Malolactic Fermentation
7. Yeast-Bacteria Coinoculation
Isabel Pardo and Sergi Ferrer
8. Molecular Tools to Analyze Microbial Populations in Red Wines
Pilar Calo-Mata and Jorge Barros-Velazquez
9. Barrel Ageing. Types of Wood
10. Emerging Technologies. Use of Chips. Microoxigenation
11. Ageing on Lees. Use of Non-Saccharomyces Yeasts. Accelerated AOL. Lees Impregnation
12. Evolution of proanthocyanidins during grape maturation, winemaking and aging process of red wines
Jorge M. Ricardo da Silva and António M. Jordão
13. Color evolution and stability.
14. Polymeric pigments in red wines
15. Spoilage yeasts in red wines
Manuel Malfeito Ferreira
16. Red Wine Clarification and Stabilization
17. Sensory analysis of red wines
18. Management of astringency in red wines.
19. Aromatic compounds in red varieties
20. The instrumental analysis of aroma-active compounds for explaining the flavor of red wines
21. SO2 in wines: rational use and possible alternatives
22. Bottling and packaging
23. Red winemaking in cool climates
Belinda Sarah Kemp
24. Red winemaking in cold regions with short maturity periods
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 1st November 2018
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Food Science and Technology at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, specialized in wine technology. Coordinator of Master in Food Engineer at UPM. Professor of enology and wine technology in the European Master of Viticulture and Enology, Euromaster Vinifera-Erasmus.
Professor of Food Science and Technology, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and Professor of enology and wine technology, European Master of Viticulture and Enology, Euromaster Vinifera-Erasmus, Spain