Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent Progress in Hormone Research, Volume 42 covers the proceedings of the Laurentian Hormone Conference held on September 1985 in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
The book presents developments in research on important topics such as chemical neuroanatomy of the brain based on the histochemistry of brain neuronal transmitters and peptides; the hormonal regulation of gene transcription and expression; and steroid hormone receptors and their action. The text also includes papers on the atrial naturietic factor; the fibroblast growth factor; and the neuroendocrinology of puberty in rodents, seasonal breeders, and humans. Papers on the comparative endocrinology including studies on marsupials, teleosts, and microorganisms; and parathyroid hormone, bioactive forms, gene expression, and malignancy-associated hypercalcemia are also encompassed.
Endocrinologists, physiologists, biochemists, and scientists involved in hormone research will find the book invaluable.
List of Contributors and Discussants
1. Neurons with Multiple Messengers with Special Reference to Neuroendocrine Systems
2. Regulation of Gene Expression by Androgens in Murine Kidney
3. Insulin Regulates Expression of the Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxykinase Gene
4. Molecular Characterization of Fibroblast Growth Factor: Distribution and Biological Activities in Various Tissues
5. Atrial Natriuretic Factor: A New Hormone of Cardiac Origin
6. Recent Progress in the Control of Aldosterone Secretion
7. Evolution of a Model of Estrogen Action
8. Determinants of Puberty in a Seasonal Breeder
9. The Onset of Female Puberty: Studies in the Rat
10. Pubertal Growth: Physiology and Pathophysiology
11. Seasonal Breeding in a Marsupial: Opportunities of a New Species for an Old Problem
12. Interactions of Catecholamines and GnRH in Regulation of Gonadotropin Secretion in Teleost Fish
13. Evolutionary Aspects of the Endocrine and Nervous Systems
14. Physiological and Clinical Studies of GRF and GH
15. Structure and Expression of the Human Parathyroid Hormone Gene
16. Studies of the Multiple Molecular Forms of Bioactive Parathyroid Hormone and Parathyroid Hormone-Like Substances
17. Nephrogenous Cyclic AMP, Adenylate Cyclase-Stimulating Activity, and the Humoral Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1986
- 19th June 1986
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.