Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent Progress in Hormone Research presents the proceedings of the 1977 Laurentian Hormone Conference held at Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada from August 28 through September 2, 1977. The book discusses the concepts and perspectives of reproductive endocrinology; and the mechanism of action of hypothalamic hormones in the anterior pituitary gland and specific modulation of their activity by sex steroids and thyroid hormones. The text also describes the morphology of insulin secretion and binding; studies on relaxin; and the interrelationships between calcium, calcemic hormones and gastrointestinal hormones; and calcitonin binding sites in bone. The hormonal regulation of bone formation; neural control of ACTH; and the genetic regulation of mammalian glucuronidase are also considered. The book further tackles the crystal structure, molecular conformation, binding, and structure-function relationships of the thyroid hormone; the thyroxine transport proteins of plasma; and the pathways of metabolism of thyroid hormones. Endocrinologists, biochemists, and physiologists will find the text invaluable.
List of Contributors and Discussants
1. Reproductive Endocrinology: Concepts and Perspectives, an Overview
2. Mechanism of Action of Hypothalamic Hormones in the Anterior Pituitary Gland and Specific Modulation of Their Activity by Sex Steroids and Thyroid Hormones
3. Regulation of Pineal Function
4. Less-Understood Aspects of the Morphology of Insulin Secretion and Binding
6. Studies on the Bioassayable Growth Hormone-Like Activity of Plasma
7. Prostaglandins and Thromboxanes
8. Interrelationships between Calcium, Calcemic Hormones, and Gastrointestinal Hormones
9. Calcitonin Binding Sites in Bone: Relationships to Biological Response and "Escape"
10. Hormonal Regulation of Bone Formation
11. Neural Control of ACTH: A Homeostatic Reflex
12. Genetic Regulation of Mammalian Glucuronidase
13. Thyroid Hormones: Crystal Structure, Molecular Conformation, Binding, and Structure-Function Relationships
14. Thyroxine Transport Proteins of Plasma. Molecular Properties and Biosynthesis
15. Pathways of Metabolism of Thyroid Hormones
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1978
- 28th December 1978
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.