Recent Progress in Hormone Research, Volume 29 covers the proceedings of the 1972 Laurentian Hormone Conference held in Mont Tremblant, Province of Quebec, Canada, on August 27-September 1, 1972.
The book discusses the studies on sex differentiation in mammals; male pseudohermaphroditism in the laboratory Norway rat; and androgen metabolism and mechanism of action in male pseudohermaphroditism. The text also describes the mechanism of initiation of parturition in the ewe; the neurovascular regulation of the anterior hypophysis; and microtubules and beta cell secretion. The role of microtubules and microfilaments in thyroid secretion; the functional and morphological alterations produced in target cells by anti-inflammatory steroids; and protein kinases are also considered.
The book further tackles the role of phospholipids in hormone activation of adenylate cyclise; the chemistry of growth hormone and the lactogenic hormones; and hormonal regulation of gene expression in mammary cells. The text then encompasses the endocrine and metabolic effects of experimental obesity in human; the studies on luteinizing hormone and its subunits; and chemical studies of luteinizing hormone from human and ovine pituitaries. The studies on the structure and function of interstitial cell-stimulating hormone are also looked into.
- Studies on Sex Differentiation in Mammals Discussion
- Part I. Male Pseudohermaphroditism in the Laboratory Norway Rat Part II. Androgen Metabolism and Mechanism of Action in Male Pseudohermaphroditism: A Study of Testicular Feminization Discussion
- The Mechanism of Initiation of Parturition in the Ewe Discussion
- Neurovascular Regulation of the Anterior Hypophysis Discussion
- Microtubules and Beta Cell Secretion Discussion
- The Role of Microtubules and Microfilaments in Thyroid Secretion Discussion
- Functional and Morphological Alterations Produced in Target Cells by Anti-inflammatory Steroids Discussion
- Protein Kinases: Aspects of Their Regulation and Diversity Discussion
- The Role of Phospholipids in Hormone Activation of Adenylate Cyclase Discussion
- The Chemistry of Growth Hormone and the Lactogenic Hormones Discussion
- Hormonal Regulation of Gene Expression in Mammary Cells Discussion
- Endocrine and Metabolic Effects of Experimental Obesity in Man Discussion
- Studies on Luteinizing Hormone and Its Subunits: Development and Application of a Radioligand Receptor Assay and Properties of the Hormone-Receptor Interaction Discussion
- Chemical Studies of Luteinizing Hormone from Human and Ovine Pituitaries Discussion
- Studies on the Structure and Function of Interstitial Cell-Stimulating Hormone Discussion Author Index Subject Index
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1973
- 28th August 1973
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: