Recent Developments in Bioenergy Research reviews all these topics, reports recent research findings, and presents potential solutions to challenging issues. The book consolidates the most recent research on the (bio)technologies, concepts and commercial developments that are currently in progress on different types of widely-used biofuels and integrated biorefineries across biochemistry, biotechnology, biochemical engineering and microbiology. Chapters include very recent/emerging topics, such as non-ionic and ionic liquids/surfactants for enhancement of lignocellulose enzymatic hydrolysis and lignocellulose biomass as a rich source of bio-ionic liquids.
The book is a useful source of information for those working in the area of- industrial wastewater treatment and microbial fuel cells, but is also a great resource for senior undergraduate and graduate students, researchers, professionals, biochemical engineers and other interested individuals/groups working in the field of biofuel/bioenergy.
- Provides unique information on biomass-based biofuels for fundamental and applied research
- Outlines research advancements in the areas of bio-hydrogen, bioethanol, bio-methane and biorefineries
- Includes emerging topics on biomass (including wastes) characterization and its uses as a resource for environmental bioremediation and bioenergy
- Reviews enzyme engineering for biomass to bioproducts and biochemicals, lipids/bio-oil
- Focuses on biological/ biochemical routes, as these options have the greatest potential to be the most cost-effective methods for biofuel/bioenergy production
Biotechnologists, (bio)checmical engineers, bio-enterpreneurs and biochemists
- Biomass - a resource for environmental bioremediation and bioenergy
2. Renewable energy and the role of biofuels in the current world
3. Power the future with bioenergy from wastes
4. Databases for analysis of plant cell wall degrading related enzymes used in bioenergy researches.
5. Impact of compositional analysis on biomass to biofuels production processes
6. Fungal bioenergy: recent progress and challenges
7. Bio-fuels and bioproducts produced through microbial conversion of biomass
8. Use of volatile solids from agricultural residues for energy production
9. Efficient technology of biofuel production from agricultural wastes
10. New advancements in cellulases for waste to wealth economy
11. Role of fungal lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases (LMPOs) in biofuel production from agricultural waste
12. Lignocellulose-based Chemical Products
13. The refinery concept: addressing the challenges of microalgal biodiesel production.
14. Minerals and fatty acid methyl esters of seven wild inedible seeds of the Western Ghats
15. Non-ionic surfactants for Enhancement of lignocellulose enzymatic hydrolysis
16. Volatile fatty acids production during anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass
17. Microalgae as a source of sustainable biofuels
18. Biobased fats and oils from microalgae/cyanobacteria.
19. Production of Biochar from biomass and waste.
20. Strategies for optimization of microbial community structure in microbial fuel cells for advanced industrial wastewater treatment
21. Sustainable bioenergy production
22. Recent advancements in pretreatment technologies of biomass to produce bioenergy
23. Bioenergy technology for integrated production of poly-3hydroxybutyrate
24. Ionic liquid based pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass to enhance enzymatic bioconversion (One-step hydrolysis).
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 3rd February 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Vijai G. Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Biotechnology at MITS University of India. Currently he is working as Research Scientist at National University of Ireland in Galway. Dr. Gupta’s present work is focused on the development and optimization of novel Enzyme-based bioconversion systems for biorefining and bioenergy. He has been honored with several awards, including the prestigious Indian ICAR Senior Research Fellowship and Indian Young Scientist Award. He has submitted 33 new fungal nucleotide sequences and deposited 147 fungal strains in International databases. His work with Fusarium spp., Colletotrichum gloeosporioides, Penicillium spp. and Trichoderma spp. is augmented by contributions to biotechnological development, molecular diversity, secondary metabolites and industrial applications Dr. Gupta is the editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Plant Pathology and a regional editorial board member of 8 other respected journals. He is the author of 40 journal articles and 27 book chapters. Gupta has also written and edited books and series from reputed publishers, including CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, USA; Springer, USA; Elsevier, USA; Nova Science Publisher, USA and LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia.
Prof. Dr. Susana Rodríguez-Couto graduated in Chemistry at the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and obtained her doctorate in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo. He worked at the University of Santiago de Compostela as a research associate, at the University of Vigo as an associate professor and as an Isidro Parga Pondal senior researcher and at Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona) as a Ramón y Cajal senior researcher. She has also worked as an invited researcher at the Institute from Environmental Technology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). Since January 2009, she holds a permanent position as an Ikerbasque (Basque Foundation for Science) Research Professor at the Water & Health Division of Ceit-IK4 (Donostia-San Seabastian, Spain). Her main achievements are the development of methods for enzymatic complex production by cultivation of different white-rot fungi under solid-state fermentation conditions and the efficient application of these enzymatic complexes to the decomposition of xenobiotic compounds, the design of different solid-state bioreactors and the design of enzymatic bioreactors. Non-confidential results have led to more than 110 international papers in outstanding journals (h index 35), 76 communications at both national and international conferences, 14 chapters in books and 2 books. She is also editor and member of the editorial board of several international journals.
CEIT-IK4 Research Alliance, Spain