Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent Developments in Bioenergy Research reviews all these topics, reports recent research findings, and presents potential solutions to challenging issues. The book consolidates the most recent research on the (bio)technologies, concepts and commercial developments that are currently in progress on different types of widely-used biofuels and integrated biorefineries across biochemistry, biotechnology, biochemical engineering and microbiology. Chapters include very recent/emerging topics, such as non-ionic and ionic liquids/surfactants for enhancement of lignocellulose enzymatic hydrolysis and lignocellulose biomass as a rich source of bio-ionic liquids.
The book is a useful source of information for those working in the area of- industrial wastewater treatment and microbial fuel cells, but is also a great resource for senior undergraduate and graduate students, researchers, professionals, biochemical engineers and other interested individuals/groups working in the field of biofuel/bioenergy.
- Provides unique information on biomass-based biofuels for fundamental and applied research
- Outlines research advancements in the areas of bio-hydrogen, bioethanol, bio-methane and biorefineries
- Includes emerging topics on biomass (including wastes) characterization and its uses as a resource for environmental bioremediation and bioenergy
- Reviews enzyme engineering for biomass to bioproducts and biochemicals, lipids/bio-oil
- Focuses on biological/ biochemical routes, as these options have the greatest potential to be the most cost-effective methods for biofuel/bioenergy production
Biotechnologists, (bio)chemical engineers, bio-enterpreneurs and biochemists
- Biomass - a resource for environmental bioremediation and bioenergy
2. Renewable energy and the role of biofuels in the current world
3. Power the future with bioenergy from wastes
4. Databases for analysis of plant cell wall degrading related enzymes used in bioenergy researches
5. Impact of compositional analysis on biomass to biofuels production processes
6. Fungal bioenergy: recent progress and challenges
7. Bio-fuels and bioproducts produced through microbial conversion of biomass
8. Use of volatile solids from agricultural residues for energy production
9. Efficient technology of biofuel production from agricultural wastes
10. New advancements in cellulases for waste to wealth economy
11. Role of fungal lytic polysaccharide monooxygenases (LMPOs) in biofuel production from agricultural waste
12. Lignocellulose-based Chemical Products
13. The refinery concept: addressing the challenges of microalgal biodiesel production
14. Minerals and fatty acid methyl esters of seven wild inedible seeds of the Western Ghats
15. Non-ionic surfactants for Enhancement of lignocellulose enzymatic hydrolysis
16. Volatile fatty acids production during anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass
17. Microalgae as a source of sustainable biofuels
18. Biobased fats and oils from microalgae/cyanobacteria
19. Production of Biochar from biomass and waste
20. Strategies for optimization of microbial community structure in microbial fuel cells for advanced industrial wastewater treatment
21. Sustainable bioenergy production
22. Recent advancements in pretreatment technologies of biomass to produce bioenergy
23. Bioenergy technology for integrated production of poly-3hydroxybutyrate
24. Ionic liquid based pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass to enhance enzymatic bioconversion (One-step hydrolysis)
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 23rd June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Vijai G. Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Biotechnology at MITS University of India. Currently he is working as Research Scientist at National University of Ireland in Galway. Dr. Gupta’s present work is focused on the development and optimization of novel Enzyme-based bioconversion systems for biorefining and bioenergy. He has been honored with several awards, including the prestigious Indian ICAR Senior Research Fellowship and Indian Young Scientist Award. He has submitted 33 new fungal nucleotide sequences and deposited 147 fungal strains in International databases. His work with Fusarium spp., Colletotrichum gloeosporioides, Penicillium spp. and Trichoderma spp. is augmented by contributions to biotechnological development, molecular diversity, secondary metabolites and industrial applications Dr. Gupta is the editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Plant Pathology and a regional editorial board member of 8 other respected journals. He is the author of 40 journal articles and 27 book chapters. Gupta has also written and edited books and series from reputed publishers, including CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, USA; Springer, USA; Elsevier, USA; Nova Science Publisher, USA and LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Professor Helen Treichel research interests are Biochemical Engineering, Biochemical Processes, Design of Experiments and Process Optimization, Production, Purification, Immobilization and Enzymes Application of Pretreatment and Use of Agro-Industrial; Waste Fermentation Process, Biomass, Bioenergy and Biofuels. Published 200 papers and h-index 23. Leader of the Agroenergy research group. Research comite member: Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior; Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico. Journals revisor: Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology; Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering; Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research; Food and Bioprocess Technology: An International Journal; Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology; Journal of Food Biochemistry; Letters in Applied Microbiology and others.
Laboratorio de Microbiologia e Bioprocessos, Curso de Graduacao em Engenharia Ambiental e Sanitaria, Programa de Pos-Graduacao em Ciencia e Tecnologia Ambiental, Universidade Federal da Fronteira Sul, UFFS - Campus Erechim, Erechim, Brasil
Prof. Ramesh Chander Kuhad is Professor and Chairman in the Department of Biotechnology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. He has published more than 125 papers in peer reviewed journals, majority of them are in International journals and 3 books. At present he is serving as an Associate Editor of Annals of Microbiology, Editor of Scientific reports (Nature Publishing Group), Journal of Sustainable Bioenergy Systems and Indian Journal of Microbiology. The main focus of his research is on Microbiology and Biotechnology of bioconversion of Lignocellulosic materials. In recent years, his main interests have been Bioethanol Production, Biotech-Animal Feed Development from Plant Biomass and Degumming of plant fiber and Biobleaching of Paper Pulp. Over all the main theme of his research is to make use of waste lignocellulosics and especially the crop byproducts.
Vice Chancellor, Central University of Haryana, Mahendragarh, India
Susana Rodríguez-Couto (female) got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Chemistry (Industrial Chemistry) from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 1992 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Vigo, obtaining the maximal grade (magna cum laude) and, in addition, she awarded the Extraordinary Prize for Doctoral Thesis in Chemistry. She worked as an Associate Professor and an Isidro Parga Pondal Senior Researcher at the University of Vigo (2000-2004), as a Ramón y Cajal Senior Researcher at Rovira i Virgili University (2004-2008) and as an Ikerbasque Research Professor (2009-2019). She has also worked as an Invited Researcher at the Institute from Environmental Biotechnology, Graz University of Technology (Austria) and at the Department of Biological Engineering, University of Minho (Portugal). In 2008, she received the I3 Professor from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education to the recognition of an outstanding research activity. Her main research lines are focused on the production, immobilisation and industrial and biotechnological applications of redox enzymes and waste valorisation. She has published more than 130 articles in highly reputed international journals (h index 40). She is editor of several journals (3Biotech, Frontiers) and 3 Elsevier’s books.
Ikerbasque (Basque Foundation for Science) Research Professor at the Water & Health Division of Ceit-IK4 (Donostia-San Seabastian, Spain)
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.