Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Recent Developments in Applied Microbiology and Biochemistry, Vol. 2, provides a comprehensive treatment and understanding on application oriented microbial concepts, giving readers insights into recent developments in microbial biotechnology and medical, agricultural and environmental microbiology.
- Discusses microbial proteome analyses and their importance in medical microbiology
- Explores emerging trends in the prevention of current global health problems, such as cancer, obesity and immunity
- Shows recent approaches in the production of novel enzymes from environmental samples by enrichment culture and metagenomics approaches
- Guides readers through the status and recent developments in analytical methods for the detection of foodborne microorganisms
(post) graduate students, researchers, scientists and university teachers in applied microbiology and biochemistry
Section 1: Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry
1. Recent developments in vaccines strategies against human viral pathogens
2. Endophytic microflora: The fountainhead of anti-cancer metabolites - A systematic Review
3. Next-generation probiotics in controlling obesity: A systematic review of experimental models
4. Role of microbial metabolites in influencing host immunity
5. The hidden risk of healthcare-associated hepatitis C virus infection: Scenarios, past, present, and future.
6. Recent trends in shortening the duration of pulmonary Tuberculosis therapy in adults and to minimize the potential of developing resistance
Section 2: Microbial Biotechnology
1. Recent trends in the exploration of the genetic reservoir of uncultured microbes for industrial applications.
2. Emerging trends in Microbial fermentation technologies
3. Current status and future directions in producing microbial fibrinolytic enzymes for biomedical applications.
4. Pharmaceutical significance and recent developments in utilizing Bacterial enzymes
5. Recent strategies for enhanced production of microbial bacteriocins and their industrial applications
Section 3: Soil and Agriculture Microbiology
1. Recent developments in diagnostics and detection of plant viral pathogens
2. Recent trends in employing plant growth promoting rhizobacteria for the development of sustainable agriculture
3. Salt-affected soil remediation by Microorganims: Future prospective
4. Nanotechnology-based innovative technologies for high agricultural productivity: Opportunities, challenges, and future perspectives
5. Herbivore-associated microorganisms in modulation of plant responses induced by Aphids, mites and thrips: An overview
Section 4: Environmental Microbiology
1. Recent trends in functional characterization of bacterial enzymes responsible for organophosphorus compound degradation
2. Recent trends in the development of high-performance microbial cell factories for production of bio-based chemicals
3. Progresses in the microbial-remediation strategies for pesticide and oil contaminated sites
4. Recent trends and future prospective of fungal cellulases for environmental management
5. Metagenomics and future perspectives in discovering pollutant degrading enzymes from soil microbial communities
Section 5: Methods in Microbiology
1. Recent trends in the development of nanomaterials for optical sensing of various human pathogens.
2. Recent progresses in the development of analytical methods for the analysis of microbial secondary metabolites.
3. Recent trends in the utilization of LAMP for the diagnosis of viruses, bacteria, and allergens in food
4. Advances in mass spectrometry for microbial proteome analysis.
5. Recent trends in using zebrafish as a model organism to assess probiotics influence on growth and development
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 16th October 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Viswanath Buddolla Is professor in Microbiology, at the Gachon University, Department of BioNano Technology, Seongnam-si, S. Korea, He is an earlier career researcher and in 2012 he won the Young Scientist Award, Gov. of India. His Postdoctoral Research focuses on applied medical microbiology at Durban University of Technology, Durban, S. Africa. He published 6 books and 34 research articles.
Professor in Microbiology, Gachon University, Department of BioNano Technology, Seongnam-si, South Korea
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.