Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Microorganisms are a major part of the Earth’s biological diversity. Although a lot of research has been done on microbial diversity, most of it is fragmented. This book creates the need for a unified text to be published, full of information about microbial diversity from highly reputed and impactful sources. Recent Advancements in Microbial Diversity brings a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances in microbial diversity research focused on different bodily systems, such as the gut. Recent Advancements in Microbial Diversity also discusses how the application of advanced sequencing technologies is used to reveal previously unseen microbial diversity and show off its function.
- Gives insight into microbial diversity in different bodily systems
- Explains novel approaches to studying microbial diversity
- Highlights the use of omics to analyze the microbial community and its functional attributes
- Discusses the techniques used to examine microbial diversity, including their applications and respective strengths and weaknesses
Microbiologists, biotechnologists, biochemists
1. Biodiversity of microbial life: Indian Himalayan region
2. Microbial endophytes of plants: diversity, benefits, and their interaction with host
3. A spotlight on the recent advances in bacterial plant diseases and their footprint on crop production
4. Bacterial diseases of banana: detection, characterization, and control management
5. Toward an enhanced understanding of plant growth promoting microbes for sustainable agriculture
6. Multifaceted beneficial effects of plant growth promoting bacteria and rhizobium on legume production in hill agriculture
7. Role of rhizospheric microbial diversity in plant growth promotion in maintaining the sustainable agrosystem at high altitude regions
8. Microbes adapted to cold and their use as biofertilizers for mountainous regions
9. Actinobacteria: diversity and biotechnological applications
10. Quorum sensing: the microbial linguistic
11. Exploration of microbial communities of Indian hot springs and their potential biotechnological applications
12. Microbial diversity and functional potential in wetland ecosystems
13. Effect of climate change on microbial diversity and its functional attributes
14. Spatial variation of the microbial diversity in the mangrove dominated Sundarban Forest of India
15. Microbe assisted plant stress management
16. Insect gut microbiome and its applications
17. Diversity and the antimicrobial activity of vaginal lactobacilli: current status and future prospective
18. Gut microbiota and brain development: A review
19. Role of microbial communities in traditionally fermented foods and beverages in North East India
20. Metagenomics: Applications of functional and structural approaches and meta-omics
21. Metagenomics: a vital source of information for modeling interaction networks in bacterial communities
22. Metagenomics based approach to reveal the secrets of unculturable microbial diversity from aquatic environment
23. Metagenomic-based approach to a comprehensive understanding of cave microbial diversity
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 3rd June 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Surajit De Mandal is a Postdoctoral researcher at College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P. R. China. He completed his Ph.D at the Dept. of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, India. His main areas of research are microbial ecology, insect-microbe interactions and microbial biopesticides. He has published 27 papers in international journals and reviewed publications for various international journals like Frontier in Microbiology, Access Microbiology, and more. Presently, Dr. De Mandal is studying the role of gut microbiota in insect immunity.
Postdoctoral Researcher, College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P. R. China
Dr. Pankaj Bhatt completed his PhD. in microbiology from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. His research focused on the molecular and microbiological basis of bioremediation. Dr Bhatt has published several articles in high impact factor leading journals including Scientific Reports, Frontiers in Microbiology, Chemosphere, Environmental research, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, and 3-Biotech. He has also published several book chapters on microbial biotechnology. Presently he is working as a Post-Doctoral researcher at Integrative Microbiology Research Centre, South China Agriculture University, Guangzhou China.
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Dolphin (P.G) College of Biomedical and Natural Sciences Dehradun, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.