Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Microorganisms are the major part of earth’s biological diversity. Although a lot of research was performed on microbial diversity, most of it is fragmented. This created a need to collect the information from highly reputed and impact resources. Recent Advancements in Microbial Diversity brings a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances in microbial diversity in different systems, such as gut. Recent Advancements in Microbial Diversity also discussed how the application of advanced sequencing technologies is used to unzip the unseen microbial diversity and its function.
- Gives insight in the exploration of microbial diversity in different systems
- Addresses the novel approaches to study microbial diversity
- Shows the use of omics to analyse the microbial community and its functional attributes
- Discusses the techniques used to examine microbial diversity with their applications and respective pros and cons
Microbiologists, biotechnologists, biochemists
- Past, present and Future: Microbial diversity
2. Metagenomics based approaches for Unculturable microorganisms
3. Biogeochemical cycles and microorganism
4. High throughput technologies for microbial communities
5. Marker based selection of microbes from extreme environment
6. Exploration of Himalayan microbial diversity
7. Hot spring microbial communities a way to study and exploration
8. Cold adapted microbes and their possible roles as biofertilizer for hilly regions
9. Evolutionary basis of microbes in different environment
10. Microbial communities affected by xenobiotics
11. Soil enzymes for identification of microbial habitat/niche
12. Bacterial community associated with plant disease
13. Rhizosphere microbial communities associated with plant growth promotion
14. Insect gut microbiome and applications
15. Effect of land use changes on microbial diversity
16. Climate change affected the microbial diversity
17. Quorum sensing and quenching affected communities
18. Microbial diversity in traditional of Fermented Foods
19. Mining of microbial diversity associated with cave
20. Exploration of wetland microbial diversity
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Surajit De Mandal is a Postdoctoral researcher at College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P. R. China. He completed his Ph.D at the Dept. of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, India. His main areas of research are microbial ecology, insect-microbe interactions and microbial biopesticides. He has published 27 papers in international journals and reviewed publications for various international journals like Frontier in Microbiology, Access Microbiology, and more. Presently, Dr. De Mandal is studying the role of gut microbiota in insect immunity.
Postdoctoral Researcher, College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, P. R. China
Dr. Pankaj Bhatt completed his PhD. in microbiology from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. His research focused on the molecular and microbiological basis of bioremediation. Dr Bhatt has published several articles in high impact factor leading journals including Scientific Reports, Frontiers in Microbiology, Chemosphere, Environmental research, World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, and 3-Biotech. He has also published several book chapters on microbial biotechnology. Presently he is working as a Post-Doctoral researcher at Integrative Microbiology Research Centre, South China Agriculture University, Guangzhou China.
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Dolphin (P.G) College of Biomedical and Natural Sciences Dehradun, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.