Ideal for all levels of veterinary practice, this easy-to-use reference offers a problem-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of common husbandry related issues in reptiles. It presents unique checklists for users to ensure accurate and effective assessment of the problem. The majority of reptile illness is due to inappropriate husbandry. Detailed, specialist knowledge of reptile species is usually not necessary in most veterinary practices, but most practices will at some time find the occasional reptile patient. This book is designed for such an occasion. It serves as a ready reference featuring a hands-on approach. Users will be able to pinpoint any major errors in husbandry without having to be an expert in the field. Handy checklists highlight husbandry issues that may be the underlying cause of an animal's presenting condition, which should then be simple to remedy.
- Features a problem-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of common husbandry-related problems in reptile species.
- Unique checklists ensure accurate assessment of both problem and solution.
- An easy-to-use reference for the non-specialist - appropriate for all levels of veterinary practice.
- Offers downloadable assessment forms on a free disk.
2. Snakes and Lizards
Weekly Diet Sheet
Flowchart for Feeding Problems
Unique Tips for Encouraging the Sick Reptile to Eat
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2004
- 1st October 2003
- Paperback ISBN:
Part-time lecturer in Animal Care, locum veterinary nurse