Ideal for both students and health professionals alike, Reading Research: A User-Friendly Guide for Nurses and Health Professionals, 6th Edition is a practical beginner-level introduction to health sciences research. The text is written in a manner that assumes you have little or no experience with analyzing published research, and provides guidelines for reading and understanding research articles. It also covers important elements of published research, such as research methods, common terminology, data analysis and results. All chapters have been updated. The book also briefly discusses common barriers to the application of research results in practice.
- Concise overview of health sciences-related research maximizes your study time by including all popular types of research methodologies.
- UNIQUE! Tips boxes provide easy-to-follow, practical suggestions for those who are new to the subject.
- UNIQUE! Alert! boxes warn of common assumptions made when reading research.
- Accompanying website provides up-to-date links for relevant research projects and other research-related sites, and offers Reader's Companion Worksheets for qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and systematic reviews.
- Easy Steps for Reading Research
- Where to Find Interesting Research Results
- Using Research Results
- Journals that Publish Peer-Reviewed Research
- Qualitative Research: The Reader’s Companion Worksheet
- Quantitative Research: The Reader’s Companion Worksheet
- Mixed Methods Research: The Reader’s Companion Worksheet
- Systematic Reviews: The Reader’s Companion Worksheet
- Using Research Results: The Reader’s Companion Worksheet
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Canada 2018
- 13th November 2017
- Mosby Canada
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Barbara Davis, RN, PhD, FCAHS
Professor, Vice Dean Research, Faculty of Health Sciences; University of Ottawa
Jo Logan, RN, PhD
Adjunct Professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.