With an approach to learning as progressive as its content, Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 8th Edition simplifies the process of learning challenging pharmacology material like never before. Rau’s effective approach uses broken-down terminology, relatable explanations, reader-friendly writing, and additional workbook guidance to help you easily master the text’s cutting-edge content – which includes the latest terms, pronunciations, in-depth sleep pharmacology, reality-based case studies, and SOAP assessment opportunities. Plus, the online interactive flashcards and audio pronunciation glossary offer additional learning formats tailored to your digital preferences.
- Improved readability makes it easier for you to grasp difficult material.
- Expanded! Key terms and definitions include over 275 terms with pronunciations.
- Companion workbook offers a wide range of activities that help you apply knowledge gained from the core text and break down more difficult concepts beyond NBRC style multiple-choice questions.
- Clinical Scenarios with follow-up SOAP assessment provide you with a reality-based patient case study and an opportunity to indicate standardized treatment.
- Inside back cover offers a quick-reference list of the most commonly used abbreviations in pharmacology with full application.
- Full-color format draws out special features and creates a more reader-friendly text.
- Glossary aids your comprehension of pharmacology terminology.
- Learning objectives parallel the recall, analysis, and application levels tested on the NBRC exam to prepare you for credentialing.
- Key terms with definitions enable you to quickly master essential terminology.
- Key Points boxes guide you in preparing for tests by identifying the most important concepts in each chapter.
- Self-assessment questions allow you to test yourself on key information within the chapter.
- Student Resources on Evolve, including an audio glossary and electronic flashcards, provide opportunities to hone your understanding of respiratory pharmacology concepts.
Unit I: Basic Concepts and Principles in Pharmacology
1. Introduction to Respiratory Care Pharmacology
2. Principles of Drug Action
3. Administration of Aerosolized Agents
4. Calculating Drug Doses
5. The Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems
Unit II: Drugs Used to Treat the Respiratory System
6. Adrenergic (Sympathomimetic) Bronchodilators
7. Anticholinergic (Parasympatholytic) Bronchodilators
9. Mucus-Controlling Drug Therapy
10. Surfactant Agents
11. Corticosteriods in Respiratory Care
12. Nonsteroidal Antiasthma Agents
13. Aerosolized Antiinfective Agents
14. Antimicrobial Agents
15. Cold and Cough Agents
16. Selected Agents of Pulmonary Value
17. Neonatal and Pediatric Aerosolized Drug Therapy
Unit III: Critical Care, Cardiovascular, and Polysomnography Agents
18. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants (Neuromuscular Blocking Agents)
19. Diuretic Agents
20. Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System
21. Vasopresors, Inotropes, and Antiarrythmic Agents
22. Drugs Affecting Circulation: Antihypertensives, Antianginals, Antithrombotics
23. Sleep and Sleep Pharmacology
Appendix A: Units and Systems of Measurement
Appendix B: Acceptable Mixtures of Most Commonly Prescribed Respiratory Care Drugs
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 15th September 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA