A complete guide to radiology principles and techniques, Radiology for the Dental Professional, 9th Edition helps you develop imaging skills through practical application. Detailed step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper techniques; photos and illustrations improve comprehension and readability. Written by Herbert H. Frommer, DDS, and Jeanine J. Stabulas, RDH, BS, MPH, this book will help you interpret radiographs, and troubleshoot and prevent common errors. For students, it's an ideal introduction to radiology; for dental hygiene/assisting professionals, it's a great review!
- A logical organization starts with the basics and makes it easier to progress through the material.
- Procedures boxes show detailed radiography procedures with illustrations and photos to demonstrate proper techniques.
- Common Errors boxes explain mistakes in radiographic techniques and describe how they can be resolved.
- Advantages/Disadvantages boxes compare and contrast the good and bad elements of radiographic techniques.
- Detailed outlines and educational objectives at the beginning of each chapter identify the information that you are expected to learn.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and highlighted upon first mention in the text.
1. Ionizing Radiation and Basic Principles of X-Ray Generation
2. The Dental X-Ray Machine
3. Image Formation
4. Image Receptors
5. Biologic Effects of Radiation
6. Patient Protection
7. Operator Protection
8. Film Processing: The Darkroom
9. Infection Control in Dental Practice
10. Intraoral Technique: The Paralleling Method
11. Accessory Radiographic Techniques: Bisecting Technique and Occlusal Projections
12. Panoramic Radiography
13. Extraoral Techniques
14. Radiography of the Temporomandibular Joint
15. Digital Imaging
16. Advanced Imaging Systems
17. Quality Assurance
18. Patient Management and Special Problems
19. Film Mounting and Radiographic Anatomy
20. Principles of Radiographic Interpretation
21. Caries and Periodontal Disease
22. Pulpal and Periapical Lesions
23. Developing Disturbances of Teeth and Bone
24. Bone and Other Lesions
25. Legal Considerations
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 1st March 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus of Radiology, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY; Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology, Radiology, & Medicine Division of Radiology New York University College of Dentistry New York, NY