Learn to produce the most accurate radiographic images on the first try with Radiographic Image Analysis, 4th Edition. This thoroughly updated guide walks you through the steps of how to carefully evaluate an image, how to identify the improper positioning or technique that caused a poor image, and how to correct the problem. For each procedure, there is a diagnostic-quality radiograph along with several examples of unacceptable radiographs, a complete list of radiographic evaluation guidelines, and detailed discussions on how each of the evaluation points is related to positioning and technique. Each unacceptable radiograph is accompanied by a description of the misaligned anatomical structures, how the patient was mis-positioned, and how to adjust technique to obtain an acceptable radiograph.
"The whole text is well presented." Reviewed by Jenny May on behalf of Radiography, July 2015
- Poorly positioned example images appear at the end of procedures to test your knowledge.
- Spotlights concepts boxes highlight the most important information as it appears in the chapters and directs readers to more information on these topics.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, and outlines help in mastering important concepts and information.
1. Image Analysis Guidelines
2. Digital Imaging Guidelines
3. Image Analysis of the Chest and Abdomen
4. Image Analysis of the Upper Extremity
5. Image Analysis of the Shoulder
6. Image Analysis of the Lower Extremity
7. Image Analysis of the Pelvis, Hip, and Sacroiliac Joints
8. Image Analysis of the Cervical and Thoracic Vertebrae
9. Image Analysis of the Lumbar Vertebrae, Sacrum, and Coccyx
10. Image Analysis of the Sternum and Ribs
11. Image Analysis of the Cranium, Facial Bones, Paranasal Sinuses
12. Image Analysis of the Digestive System
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 18th December 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Director of Radiologic Technology Education, Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA