1. Evolution of Radiation Oncology
2. Basic Principles of Radiotherapy
3. Radiation Protection/Safety
II. Treatment Work-up and Planning
4. Diagnosis and Staging
5. Simulation and Treatment Planning
III. Integrative Systems and Cancer Sites (Radiation Therapy/Chemotherapy)
6. Central Nervous System Tumors
7. Head and Neck Cancers
8. Lung Cancer
9. Breast Cancer
10. Gastrointestinal Cancers/Colorectal
11. Urinary Cancers
12. Gynecologic Cancers
13. Male Genitourinary Cancers
14. Spinal Cord and Bone Metastases
15. Skin Cancers
16. Hodgkin’s Disease and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
17. Soft Tissue Sarcomas
18. Non-malignant Tumors
IV. Adjuvant Therapies
20. Combined Chemotherapy Safety
21. Interventional Radiology Procedures
V. Special Treatment Modalities
24. Sterotactic Irradiation
25. Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
26. Total Body Irradiation/ Total Lymphoid Irradiation
29. Total Skin Electron Beam Therapy
VI. Special Supportive Nursing Care
33. Cancer and Nutrition
34. Radiation-Induced Nausea/Vomiting/Diarrhea
35. Sexuality and Sexual Dysfunction
VII. Dimensions of Clinical Practice
36. Nursing Research and Clinical Trials
37. Advance Practitioners in Radi
Focusing on radiation oncology, this resource also provides information on combined modality (chemotherapy/radiation), newer technology, evidence-based guidelines, special patient populations, and in-depth management interventions and patient teaching. In addition to the comprehensive presentations of cancer sites and radiobiology, Radiation Therapy has new special topics on supportive nursing care and clinical practice, addressing the needs of personnel caring for radiation therapy patients in various situations.
- UNIQUE! Covers care of patients receiving radiation or combined therapies (chemo/radiation).
- Integrative Systems and Cancer Sites detailed in 13 core chapters.
- An entire section on adjuvant therapies.
- Includes several chapters devoted to special treatment modalities.
- A supportive care section covering six common patient symptoms and concerns and how to care for them.
- Covers special topics, such as geriatrics and complementary medicine, in relationship to radiation therapy.
- Contains chapters on nursing research and clinical trials, evidence-based clinical guidelines, clinical outcomes and documents, and the role of the advance practitioner in radiation oncology.
- Color insert with 5 photos of skin conditions and 2 prostate treatment plans.
- eBook ISBN:
Nurse Practitioner, Mountain Radiation Oncology, Asheville, NC
Clinical Manager, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Passavant Cancer Center; Adjunct Faculty, LaRoche College, Department of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA
Coordinator, Breast Cancer, University of Florida Shands Cancer Center, Gainesville, FL
Director, Oncology Services, Duke University Hospital; Clinical Associate, Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC