- Print ISBN 9780323172202
- Electronic ISBN 9780323222174
- Full-color illustrations reinforce important information.
- Convenient, easy-to-use features include chapter outlines and objectives, highlighting of key terms, and bulleted summaries and review questions to enhance comprehension and retention.
- Clear and concise writing style covers complex concepts in radiation protection, biology, and physics in a building-block approach from basic to more complex concepts.
- Review questions are included at the end of chapters to assess your comprehension, with answers on the Evolve companion website.
- Coverage of historical radiological disasters includes photos and text on Hiroshoma, Chernobyl, and Three-Mile Island.
2. Radiation: Types, Sources and Doses Received
3. Interaction of X-Radiation with Matter
4. Radiation Quantities and Units
5. Radiation Monitoring
6. Overview of Cell Biology
7. Molecular and Cellular Radiation Biology
8. Early Deterministic Radiation Effects on Organ Systems
9. Late Deterministic and Stochastic Radiation Effects on Organ Systems
10. Dose Limits for Exposure to Ionizing Radiation
11. Equipment Design for Radiation Protection
12. Management of Patient Radiation Dose during Diagnostic X-Ray Procedures
13. Management of Imaging Personnel Radiation Dose During Diagnostic X-Ray Procedures
14. Radioisotopes and Radiation Protection
A. Relationships between Systems of Units
B. Standard Designations for Metric System Lengths, Electron Volt Energy Levels, and Frequency Spectrum Ranges
C. Periodic Table of Elements
D. Chance of a 50-KeV Photon Interacting with Atoms of Tissue as it Travels Through 5 cm of Soft Tissue
E. Relationship among Protons, Electromagnetic Waves, Wavelengths and Energy
F. Electron Shell Structure of the Atom
G. Revision of 10 CFR Part 35*
H. Consumer-Patient Radiation Health and Safety Act of 1981
Answers to Review Questions
- No. of pages:
- © 2015
- 3rd December 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: