Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Second Edition of Quantum Information Processing, Quantum Computing, and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach presents a self-contained introduction to all aspects of the area, teaching the essentials such as state vectors, operators, density operators, measurements, and dynamics of a quantum system. In additional to the fundamental principles of quantum computation, basic quantum gates, basic quantum algorithms, and quantum information processing, this edition has been brought fully up to date, outlining the latest research trends. These include:
Key topics include:
- Quantum error correction codes (QECCs), including stabilizer codes, Calderbank-Shor-Steane (CSS) codes, quantum low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes, entanglement-assisted QECCs, topological codes, and surface codes
- Quantum information theory, and quantum key distribution (QKD)
- Fault-tolerant information processing and fault-tolerant quantum error correction, together with a chapter on quantum machine learning. Both quantum circuits- and measurement-based quantum computational models are described
- The next part of the book is spent investigating physical realizations of quantum computers, encoders and decoders; including photonic quantum realization, cavity quantum electrodynamics, and ion traps
- In-depth analysis of the design and realization of a quantum information processing and quantum error correction circuits
This fully up-to-date new edition will be of use to engineers, computer scientists, optical engineers, physicists and mathematicians.
- A self-contained introduction to quantum information processing, and quantum error correction
- Integrates quantum information processing, quantum computing, and quantum error correction
- Describes the latest trends in the quantum information processing, quantum error correction and quantum computing
- Presents the basic concepts of quantum mechanics
- In-depth presentation of the design and realization of a quantum information processing and quantum error correction circuit
Engineers practicing currently, as well as engineering and science students who wish to learn the basic concepts of quantum computing, quantum information, and quantum error correction.
2. Quantum Mechanics Fundamentals
3. Quantum Circuits and Modules
4. Quantum Information Processing Fundamentals
5. Quantum Algorithms and Methods
6. Information Theory and Classical Error Correcting Codes
7. Quantum Information Theory
8. Quantum Error Correction
9. Quantum Stabilizer Codes and Beyond
10. Quantum LDPC Codes
11. Fault-Tolerant Quantum Error-Correction and Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computing
12. Cluster State-Based Quantum Computing
13. Physical Implementations of Quantum Information Processing
14. Quantum Machine Learning
15. Quantum Key Distribution
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 22nd February 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Ivan B. Djordjevic is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Optical Sciences, Director of the Optical Communications Systems Laboratory and the Quantum Communications Laboratory, and co-Director of the Signal Processing and Coding Lab at the University of Arizona. He is a fellow of IEEE and the Optical Society. Prof. Djordjevic has authored or co-authored seven books and more than 530 journal and conference publications. He presently serves as a Senior Editor and member of the Editorial Board on the OSA/IEEE Journal of Optical Communications and Networking; the IOP Journal of Optics; IEEE Communications Letters; the Elsevier Physical Communication Journal, PHYCOM; Optical and Quantum Electronics; and Frequenz. As of August 2020, he holds 53 U.S. patents.
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Optical Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.