Written by expert practitioners, Quantitative Hydro-Geoengineering: Calculations and Simulations explains how to develop effective quantitative solutions for applications in hydrogeology. In this reference, the authors provide a systematic, hands-on approach to illustrate how hydrogeological concepts are translated into quantitative solutions.
Quantitative Hydro-Geoengineering: Calculations and Simulations explores several specific problems related to contaminant migration, groundwater-surface water interactions, managed aquifer recharge, resources, infrastructure and mining with illustrations from the real life projects using a variety of simulation methods easy-to-understand and step-by-step quantitative analysis supported by illustrations/tables.
- Explains how to expertly prepare quantitative hydrogeological solutions and how to convey the associated results into real life assignments
- Includes practical, step-by-step techniques for data analysis and visualization (EVS Pro)
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of 3-D graphics and animations for environmental applications
Civil and Environmental Engineers, Coastal Engineering, and Ocean Engineering
2. Role of HydroGeoEngineering
3. Method of analysis
4. Empirical analysis
5. Analytical solution
6. Numerical solution for comparison
7. Comparison of analytical Vs numerical solution Choice
8. Case studies
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2019
- 1st February 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
Yohannes Yihdego, has over 18 years’ experience, including as an engineering geologist, consulting hydrogeologist and teacher assistant at La Trobe University, Australia. He has worked extensively on projects across Australia, Middle East, Asia & Africa, with the water, resource mining, infrastructure, energy, agriculture and civil construction industry on Geological, Geotechnical/Geo-engineering, hydrogeological, Hydraulic, hydrological, contamination and environmental assessments, in multi-disciplinary teams as a team member and project manager.
18 years’ experience, including as an Engineering Geologist, Consulting Hydrogeologist and Teacher Assistant, La Trobe University, Australia