Say hello to the one resource that gives you access to both quality management and quality control information for all major imaging modalities. Updated with new legislative content, advances in imaging technology, and current ACR accreditation requirements, Papps Quality Management in the Imaging Sciences, 5th Edition features step-by-step QM procedures complete with full-size evaluation forms and instructions on how to evaluate equipment and document results. It is a great tool to help you for the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management.
"...the book does give a good overview of quality in imaging and to physicists performing controls it will be a valuable handbook." Reviewed by Jonn Terje Geitung on behalf of Journal of Acta Radiologica, April 2015
- Special icon identifies federal standards throughout the text to alert you to government regulations important to quality management.
- Updated material reflects content changes in the ARRT Quality Management Examination and better prepares you to pass the ARRT Advanced Level Examination in Quality Management.
- Includes QM for all imaging sciences so you can access QM information for all imaging modalities with just one resource.
- Step-by-step QM procedures offer instructions on how to evaluate equipment, and full-sized sample evaluation forms offer practice in documenting results.
- Strong pedagogy aids in comprehension.
- A practice exam on Evolve includes 200 randomizable practice exam questions for the ARRT advanced certification examination in QM, and includes answers with rationales.
- Student experiments on Evolve let you complete lab assignments and print out answers on a computer, and save instructors time because they do not have to create their own lab assignments.
- Instructor resources on Evolve make the text easier than ever for instructors to use.
1. Introduction to Quality Management
2. Quality Management Tools and Procedures
3. Film/Screen Image Receptors, Darkrooms, and Viewing Conditions
4. Film Processing
5. Processor Quality Control
6. Silver Recovery
7. Quality Control of X-ray generators and Ancillary Radiographic Equipment
8. Quality Control of Fluoroscopic Equipment
9. Digital Image Receptors and Advanced Imaging Equipment!
10. Outcomes Assessment of Radiographic Images
11. Mammographic Quality Standards
12. Quality Control in Computed Tomography
13. Quality Control for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Equipment
14. Ultrasound Equipment Quality Assurance
15. Quality Assurance in Nuclear Medicine
Appendix A: Review of Radiographic Quality
Appendix B: Agencies, Organizations, and Committees in Quality Assurance
Answers to Review Questions
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 15th October 2014
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Physics and Diagnostic Imaging, College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL