Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1. Fundamentals of quadruplexes and their biology
- Fundamentals of G-quadruplex biology
- Quadruplex structure and diversity
- Telomeric quadruplexes as therapeutic targets
- Viral G-quadruplexes: New frontiers in virus pathogenesis and antiviral therapy
- Quadruplex detection in human cells
- An overview of quadruplex ligands: Their common features and chemotype diversity
- Molecular dynamics simulations of G-quadruplexes: The basic principles and their application to folding and ligand binding
- Quadruplex-interacting compounds for regulating the translation of the Epstein–Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 (EBNA1) mRNA: A new strategy to prevent and treat EBV-related cancers
- Click and combinatorial approaches to quadruplex ligand discovery
- Quadruplex nucleic acids in KRAS targeted-cancer therapy
- Transcriptional regulation of MYC through G-quadruplex structures
- KIT promoter: Structure, function and targeting
- Quadruplex targets in neurodegenerative diseases
- Metal complexes as G-quadruplex binders
- Challenges in developing small-molecule quadruplex therapeutics
F. Brad Johnson
Fernaldo Richtia Winnerdy and Anh Tuân Phan
Part 2. Quadruplex targets in human and other organisms
Sefan Asamitsu, Norifumi Shioda and Hiroshi Sugiyama
Emanuela Ruggiero and Sara N. Richter
Part 3. Discovery and design of quadruplex-binding compounds
Valentina Pirota, Michele Stasi, Alessandra Benassi and Filippo Doria
Jiri Sponer, Barira Islam, Petr Stadlbauer and Shozeb Haider
Anton Granzhan, Rodrigo Prado Martins, Robin Fåhraeus, Marc Blondel and Marie-Paule Teulade-Fichou
Jyotirmayee Dash, Puja Saha and Khushnood Fatma
Luigi E. Xodo
Sumirtha Balaratnam and John S. Schneekloth
Silvia Ceschi and Claudia Sissi
Tim Kench and Ramon Vilar
The realisation that human, animal, viral and bacterial genomes all contain over-representation of higher-order quadruplex structures in regulatory and other pharmacologically-useful regions, has led to a large number of studies aimed at exploiting this findings for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. Quadruplex-binding small molecules are starting to be evaluated in human clinical trials.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry series
Undergraduates, graduates, academics and researchers in the field of medicinal chemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 25th August 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Stephen Neidle, DSc, PhD, ARCS, FRSC, Director of Cancer Research UK Biomolecular Structure Group, Director of the Centre for Cancer Medicines, Professor of Chemical Biology, The School of Pharmacy, University College London, UK
The School of Pharmacy, University College London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.