Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is one of the most versatile and widely used polymers, with applications as diverse as doors and window frames, flooring, piping, electric wire insulation, toys, food packaging and car interiors.
In this book, George Wypych has brought together in one place the core data and reference information needed by PVC manufacturers, processors, and users:
- Polymer properties and data for material selection
- Reference data on the 23 groups of additives are used in PVC processing to improve its properties and obtain the set of product characteristics required by the end-user.
- A comprehensive collection of 500 formulations compiled from recent patents, journal articles, and information from suppliers. A broad selection of formulations is used in each category to determine the essential components of formulations used in a particular method of processing, the most important parameters of successful products, troubleshooting information, and suggestions of further sources of information on the method of processing.
- Data on PVC and its products: general data and nomenclature, chemical composition and properties, physical properties, mechanical properties, health and safety, environmental information, use and application information.
- A comprehensive and data-rich guide to PVC and its additives
- Essential reference data for scientists and engineers involved in the design and production of PVC products, and their applications across a range of sectors such as construction and packaging
- Includes over 500 formulations : a unique data set
Research and development; Production chemists and engineers; Environmental engineers; Lawyers;Legislators; University professors;Students
PVC Properties; PVC Additives; The PVC Formulations; Data
- © ChemTec Publishing 2009
- 10th August 2009
- ChemTec Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
George Wypych has a Ph.D. in chemical engineering. His professional expertise includes both university teaching (full professor) and research and development. He has published 18 books, 47 scientific papers, and he has obtained 16 patents. He specializes in polymer additives, polymer processing and formulation, material durability and the development of sealants and coatings.
ChemTec Publishing, Ontario, Canada