Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
PVC Degradation and Stabilization, Fourth Edition, includes new developments in PVC production, new stabilization methods and mechanisms, new approaches to plasticization, methods of waste reprocessing, accelerated degradation due to electric breakdown, and much more. The book contains all the information necessary for the successful design of stabilization formulas in any PVC-based product. Other topics covered include degradation by thermal energy, UV, gamma and other forms of radiation, chemical degradation, and more. Analytical methods for studying degradative and stabilization processes aid readers in establishing a system for verifying results of stabilization with different stabilizing systems. Many new topics included in this edition are of particular interest today. These comprise new developments in PVC production yielding range of new grades, new stabilization methods and mechanisms (e.g. synergistic mixtures containing hydrotalcites and their synthetic equivalents, beta-diketones, functionalized fillers, Shiff bases), new approaches to plasticization, methods of waste reprocessing (life cycle assessment, reformulation, biodegradable materials, and energy recovery), accelerated degradation due to electric breakdown, and many more
- Revised to include cutting-edge research, patent updates and other information required to design successful stabilization in PVC-based products
- Covers chemical structure, PVC manufacturing technology, morphology, degradation by thermal energy, mechanodegradation, and more
- Includes a chapter on the analytical methods used in studying degradative and stabilization processes
- Discusses information on the effects of PVC and its additives on health, safety and the environment
Researchers in engineering (chemical; mechanical); professional engineers. Grad students and professors
- Chemical Structure of PVC
2. PVC Manufacture Technology
3. PVC Morphology
4. Thermal Degradation
5. UV Degradation
6. Degradation by γ-Radiation
7. Degradation by Other Forms of Radiation
9. Chemical Degradation
10. Analytical Methods
11. PVC Stabilization
12. Health and safety and environmental impact
- No. of pages:
- © ChemTec Publishing 2020
- 13th March 2020
- ChemTec Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
George Wypych has a Ph.D. in chemical engineering. His professional expertise includes both university teaching (full professor) and research and development. He has published 18 books, 47 scientific papers, and he has obtained 16 patents. He specializes in polymer additives, polymer processing and formulation, material durability and the development of sealants and coatings.
ChemTec Publishing, Ontario, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.