- Information on existing techniques and procedures is expanded and updated in chapters on lung transplantation, functional performance assessment and training, and the management of pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Illustrations, photographs, tables, and boxes address new and important information, reinforcing and simplifying the material.
- A hard cover and portable size offer durability and convenience.
- Reader-friendly features in each chapter include an outline, professional skills objectives, and a summary, allowing easy access to content and highlighting important concepts and ideas.
1. Pulmonary Rehabilitation: History and Definition
II. Basic Concepts of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
2. Selection and Assessment of the Chronic Respiratory Disease Patient for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
3. Pathophysiology of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
4. Systemic Effects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease NEW!
5. Dyspnea: Assessment and Management
6. Education in Pulmonary Rehabiliation
III. Therapeutic Intervention in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
7. Pharmacological Therapy for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
8. Aerosol Therapy
9. Therapeutic Oxygen
10. Exercise in the Rehabilitation of Patients with Respiratory Disease
11. Inspiratory Muscle Training
12. Physical and Respiratory Therapy for the Medical and Surgical Patient
13. Occupational Therapy to Promote Function and Health-Related Quality of Life
14. Nutritional Assessment and Support
15. Complementary Alternative Medicine for Patients with Chronic Lung Disease NEW!
16. Medical Management of Tobacco Dependence: Concepts and Treatment
17. Behavioral Medicine in Pulmonary Rehabilitation: Psychological, Cognitive, and Social Factors
18. Sexuality in the Pulmonary Patient
19. Preventative Strategies for the Patient with Chronic Lung Disease
IV. Special Considerations in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
20. Adherence in the Patient with Pulmonary Disease
21. Outcomes Assessment
22. Home Mechanical Ventilation
23. Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Transplantation
24. Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Volume Reduction Surgery NEW!
25. Ethical and End-of-Life Issues for the Care of Patients with Advanced