Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Public Transport Analysis and Evaluation discusses a concept that has increasingly been positioned to achieve broader social, environmental, and economic goals, hence the promotion of wider public transportation usage is a key concern among transportation researchers, professionals and government officials. Few available information resources address the complex perspectives needed for evaluating substantial investments or how to effectively communicate the results to all stakeholders. This book guides the reader through the important issues that need to be considered in every major public transit investment, providing valuable, useful tools for making effective and well-balanced decisions.
- Synthesizes economic, social, environmental and deliverability considerations for creating a robust analysis of public transport projects, policies and plans
- Provides a single reference for understanding the key trends, tools, theories and techniques that shape the transportation appraisal and evaluation process
- Includes numerous case studies, expert opinions and practitioner anecdotes to capture the nuanced elements of conducting an evaluation
- Offers numerous approaches and metrics from a wide range of perspectives
Public Transportation Planning and Engineering researchers, graduate students, and practitioners
2. The Case for Better Transport Evaluation
4. Transport System Fundamentals
5. Environmental Impacts
6. Social Impacts
7. Economic Impacts
8. Understanding Transport System Effectiveness
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 1st June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Patrick Miller, PhD, is Principal Consultant for the global consultancy Steer in Toronto. His professional experience includes leading a range of high speed rail, rapid transit planning and delivery, transportation demand management, and transit fare policies evaluation projects. He has also developed business case and evaluation guidance for public transit agencies and authorities. His research has been published in Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment and he regularly presents at international conferences, including the World Conference on Transport Research.
Principal Consultant, Steer Davies Gleave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada