Highly Commended (Mental Health category), BMA Awards 2005.
A concise textbook of psychology for trainee psychiatrists preparing for examinations.
- A concise textbook concentrating on what the trainee psychiatrist needs to know about psychology - trainees at the moment tend to be unhappy with currently available books.
- Psychiatric curriculum now lays more emphasis on psychology, psychological formulations and psychotherapeutic interventions, thus increasing the need for a suitable book.
- Links normal psychological functioning with abnormal psychology/psychopathology, and stresses applications to clinical practice.
- Written by a psychiatrist with extensive experience of what psychiatry trainees need, rather than by a psychologist as with most of the competition.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2005
- 11th December 2004
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Birmingham, UK