Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Protocols in Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry offers clear, applied instruction to fundamental biochemistry methods and protocols, from buffer preparation to nucleic acid purification, protein, lipid, carbohydrate, and enzyme testing, and clinical testing of vitamins, glucose and cholesterol levels, among other diagnostics. Each protocol is illustrated with step-by-step instructions, labeled diagrams, and color images, as well as a thorough overview of materials and equipment, precursor techniques, safety considerations and standards, analysis and statistics, alternative methods and troubleshooting.
- Includes full listings and discussion of materials and equipment, precursor techniques, safety considerations and standards, analysis and statistics, alternative methods and troubleshooting
- Features clear, step-by-step protocols and instructions with color diagrams and images
Active researchers in biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology
Unit I: Buffer, solution and pH
1. Preparation of normal and molar solution
2. Buffer preparation
3. Determination of pKa, pH
Unit II: Nucleic Acids
1. Isolation and Purification of DNA
2. Isolation and Purification of RNA
3. Purification of Nucleic Acid
4. Quantitative estimation of Nucleic acid
5. Agarose gel electrophoresis for separation of nucleic acid
Unit III: Carbohydrate and Lipids
1. Qualitative test for carbohydrate (Benedict, Molisch etc)
2. Qualitative test for Lipids
3. Thin liquid chromatography (TLC for separation and identification of carbohydrate and lipids
Unit III: Proteins
1. Isolation of Protein
2. Qualitative test of Protein ( Biuret test, Xanthoproteic test, Ninhydrin test etc)
3. Estimation of Protein (Bradford, Lowry etc)
4. Paper Chromatography for separation and identification of amino acid
5. Ion exchange chromatography for separation of amino acid
6. Protein purification
7. SDS PAGE analysis of proteins
8. Western blotting for protein analysis
9. Isoelectric pH determination
Unit IV: Enzymes
1. Enzyme kinetics
2. Study of the activity of salivary amylase and the effect of pH, temperature, salts on its activity
3. Enzymatic activity of Trypsin and Lipase
4. Enzyme purification
5. Determination of Km, Vmax and Ki
Unit V: Clinical test
1. Acid and Alkaline phosphatase activity
2. SGPT and SGOT test
3. Estimation of Urea, Uric acid and Creatinine
4. Estimation of Glucose
5. Estimation of Cholesterol
6. Estimation of Vitamins
7. Glucose tolerance test
8. Estimation of Ca2+ and T4 in serum
9. Pregnancy test by HCG hormone
10. Estimation of Glycosylated haemoglobin
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Buddhi Prakash Jain is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Zoology, Mahatma Gandhi Central University Motihari Bihar India. After completing Doctoral Studies from the School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, he continued as an academic and researcher in the area of gene expression regulation and endoplasmic reticulum stress. He was awarded with a gold medal in his master programme (M.Sc.). He is also working on various biochemical assays under heavy metal stress. He has published several papers in reputed international journals and many book chapters in edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, School of Life Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi Central University Bihar, Motihari, India
Dr. Shyamal K. Goswami is a Professor at the School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
Professor, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Dr. Shweta Pandey is an Assistant Professor at the Government P G College, Chhatishgarh, India.
Assistant Professor, Government P G College, Chhatishgarh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.