Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Protocol Handbook for Cancer Biology comprehensively brings together all the methods used for cancer assessment, diagnostics and therapeutics. Various protocols are discussed along with alternative strategies, advantages and limitations of techniques that have been used in labs globally and are presented by experts based on their real-world experience.
The book discusses topics such as cell viability and apoptotic assays for cancer detection; high throughput cell-based screening methods for cancer drug discovery; assays and protocols to evaluate tumor angiogenesis and detect cancer metastasis; and isolation and characterization of cancer stem cells. In addition, it explains the role of nanotechnology in cancer therapy, and tumor imaging and radiological protocols used for diagnosis and treatment.
It is a valuable source for cancer researchers and graduate students that will find all types of protocols used in laboratories to help to fasten their research and impact positively in their results.
- Presents comprehensive protocols used for cancer assessment, diagnostics and therapeutics in one place
- Encompasses alternative strategies considering the requirements of end user, taking into consideration diverse research settings
- Discusses limitations and advantages of each method in experimental design and execution that can save time during the research process
Cancer researchers; graduate students
1. Overview of Cancer assessment, diagnostics and therapeutics
2. Cell viability and Apoptotic assays for cancer detection
3. High throughput cell-based screening methods for cancer drug discovery
4. Assays to Evaluate Tumor Angiogenesis
5. Assays and protocols for the detection of cancer metastasis
6. Histopathology based cancer detection methods
7. Isolation and characterization of cancer stem cells (CSCs)
8. Nanotechnology in Cancer Therapy: Cerium Oxide Nanomaterials as Cancer Therapeutics Agents
9. Radiobiology and Principles of Radiotherapy Planning
10. Tumour Imaging and standard radiological protocols used for diagnosis and treatment
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Gauri Misra, PhD, has an outstanding academic background and experience of 10 years in the field of teaching and research, honored by various prestigious awards and with a strong desire of transferring her repertoire of knowledge to the upcoming generations. Dr. Misra’s PhD thesis was awarded with Eli Lilly Asia Outstanding Thesis Award (first prize) in 2009. Her postdoctoral work at CHUL Research Centre, Canada, paved the way towards understanding the role of androgen receptors in the growth and proliferation of breast cancer cells using structural biology approaches. Dr. Misra serves as a reviewer for various renowned international journals and is often invited for speaking engagements about her research. To date, she has authored 17 research articles, 4 international books, and 6 book chapters. The ongoing research project in her laboratory focusses on evaluating the potential of new lead compounds against breast cancer.
Scientist-II, National Institute of Biologicals, Noida, India
Jyotika Rajawat, PhD, researches in the field of cancer and drug discovery, and has experience of 7 years in research and teaching. She has written several research articles and 3 book chapters. She also has reviewed several research papers for various international publishers. She actively participates in various social activities related to conducting cancer awareness camps in rural areas and supporting education for poor kids. Being an expert in cancer biology, she can understand the prerequisite of the readers and through this protocol handbook Dr. Misra and she will be able to provide them hand-on-practical solutions to the problems faced during an experimental set up.
Project Scientist, MHG Lab, Department of Zoology, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.