- Print ISBN 9780444829443
- Electronic ISBN 9780080540009
Features of this book:
• Reflects the state-of-the-art research and application of protein interfacial layers rather than a snapshot of only some recent developments.
• Emphasis is placed on experimental details as well as recent theoretical developments.
• New experimental techniques applied to protein interfacial layers are described, such as FRAP or ADSA, or rheological methods to determine the mechanical behaviour of protein-modified interfaces.
• A large number of practical applications, ranging from emulsions relevant in food technology for medical problems such as lung surfactants, to the characterisation of foams intrinsic to beer and champagne production.
The book will be of interest to research and university institutes dedicated to interfacial studies in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, medicine and food engineering. Industrial departments for research and technology in food industry, pharmacy, medicine and brewery research will also find this volume of value.