- Provides a comprehensive examination of membrane/protein movement in neuronal function
- Sections on synapse development, synaptic transmission, and the role of trafficking in neurological disease
- Includes a focus on Molecular Mechanisms
- Illustrated with color summary pictures
- The only book examining protein trafficking and its functional implications, written by leaders in the field
Table of Contents
- Section I. PROTEIN MOVEMENT.
Chapter 1. Molecular Mobility in Cells Examined with Optical Methods.
Chapter 2. The role of Molecular Motors in Axonal Transport.
Chapter 3. The role of APC complexes and the cytoskeleton in neuronal morphogenesis.
Section II. SYNAPTIC DEVELOPMENT.
Chapter 4. Assembly of Synapses in the Vertebrate Central Nervous System.
Chapter 5. Presynaptic Terminal Differentiation.
Section III. EXO-/ENDOCYTOSIS.
Chapter 6. Neuronal Exocytosis.
Chapter 7. Endocytosis in Neurons.
Section IV. RECEPTORS.
Chapter 8. Postsynaptic Machinery for Receptor Trafficking.
Chapter 9. Synaptic trafficking of AMPA receptors.
Chapter 10. Subunit-specific NMDA Receptor Trafficking to Synapses.
Section V. ION CHANNELS/TRANSPORTERS.
Chapter 11. Membrane Trafficking of Vesicular Transmitter Transporters.
Chapter 12. Determinants of Voltage-gated Potassium Channel Distribution in Neurons.
Section VI. PROTEIN TRAFFICKING IN OTHER CELL TYPES.
Chapter 13. Protein Trafficking in the Exocytic Pathway of Polarized Epithelial Cells.
Chapter 14. Trafficking in Neuroendocrine Cells.
Chapter 15. Exocytic Release of Glutamate from Astrocytes: Comparison to Neurons.
Section VII. PROTEIN TRAFFICKING AND NEURONAL DISEASE.
Chapter 16. Trafficking Defects in Huntington’s Disease.
Chapter 17. Neuronal protein trafficking in Alzheimer's disease and Niemann-Pick Type C disease.
Chapter 18. Trafficking of the Cellular Prion Protein and its Role in Neurodegeneration.
- No. of pages: 464
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2006
- Published: October 19, 2006
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123694379
- eBook ISBN: 9780080465890
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Protein Trafficking in Neurons"