Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Protecting Business Information: A Manager's guide is an introduction to the information resource, its sensitivity, value and susceptibility to risk. This book provides an outline for a business information security program and provides clear answers to the why and how of information protection.
Protecting Business Information' provides detailed processes for analysis, leading to a complete and adequate information classification. It includes a thorough description of the methods for information classification.
- A valuable guide based on the author's fifteen year's experience in building and implementing information security programs for large, worldwide businesses
- Provides a basis for the reasoning behind information protection processes
- Suggests practical means for aligning an information security investment with business needs
Security managers, information security professionals
Part I - THE CASE FOR INFORMATION SECURITY
1. Some Background on Information Protection
2. The Management Issue: Why bother with Information Security?
3. Information Threats and Vunerabilities
Part II - PROTECTION OF INFORMATION:CONCEPTS AND METHODS
4. Information Concepts
5. Establishing Proprietary Rights to Information
6. Information Protection Methods
7. Securing the Information Environments
8. Computer Security
9. Communications Security
Part III - INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT
10. Information Security in the Business Enterprise
11. Relating Information Security Investment to Business Needs
12. Information Security Directives
13. Setting Up the Information Security Program
14. Administration and Maintenance of Information Security
Part IV - A COMPENDIUM OF TERMS WITH ISSUES, CONCERNS, AND SOLUTIONS
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1995
- 11th December 1995
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.