Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Prostaglandins and Thromboxanes explores the two members of the prostanoid class of fatty acid. This book attempts to thoroughly discuss the topic after collecting enough information through research in physical and biological sciences. As the title suggests, the book revolves around prostaglandins and thromboxanes. The book's first chapter contains a discussion on the subject's history, stating the year of discovery and crediting the scientist who coined the names. The chapter ends talking about the possible uses of prostaglandins and thromboxanes in the clinic. The chapters that follow discuss the two lipids' basic and advanced synthesis, pharmacology, biosynthesis, biological activity, chemical interconversions, and metabolism, along with its subtopics. The book will serve as an excellent reference for undergraduate and graduate students in the related field.
1. History, Nomenclature and Potential Uses of Prostaglandins and Thromboxanes in the Clinic
Structures and Nomenclature of Prostaglandins
Biosynthesis and Metabolism
Potential Clinical Uses
2. Biosynthesis and Metabolism of Prostaglandins and Thromboxanes
3. Pharmacology of Natural Prostaglandins and Analogues
Mechanism of Action of Prostaglandins and Thromboxanes
Therapeutic Applications of Prostaglandins
4. Synthesis of Prostaglandins from Poly Cyclic Molecules
5. Synthesis of Prostaglandins Involving Conjugate Addition to Cyclopentenones
Conjugate Addition to 2,4-Disubstituted Cyclopentenones
Prostaglandin Synthesis by Conjugate Addition and Enolate Trapping
6. Chemical Interconversions of Prostaglandins: Synthesis of Prostaglandins G2, H2 and I2
Chemical Interconversions of Prostaglandins D, E and F
Chemical Interconversions of Prostaglandins A, B, C and E
Reduction of Prostaglandins of the 2-Series to Prostaglandins of the 1-Series
Synthesis of Prostaglandins G2 and H2
Synthesis of Prostaglandin I2
7. Synthesis of Thromboxanes
Synthesis of TXB2 from Prostaglandins and Prostaglandin Precursors
Synthesis from Carbohydrates
8. Synthesis and Biological Activity of Prostaglandin Analogues Bearing Modified Side Chains
Alkyl Substituted Analogues
Aryloxy Substituted Analogues
Heteroatom Substituted Analogues
C-1 Modified Analogues
9. Synthesis and Biological Activity of Prostaglandin Analogues with Modified Ring Systems
Incorporation of Additional Ring Substituents
Additional Fused Rings
Replacement of the Cyclopentane Ring
Prostaglandin Endoperoxide Analogues
Prostaglandin I2 Analogues
10. Synthesis and Biological Activity of Thromboxane A2 (TXA2) Analogues
TXA2 Ether Analogues
Carbocyclic TXA2 Analogues
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1982
- 22nd April 1982
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.