The must-have health promotion textbook now in a new updated edition.
Increasing disparities in health globally mean the imperative for primary health care is greater than ever.
Now in its fifth edition, Promoting Health: the primary health care approach remains an essential toolkit for health promotion action.
Featuring updated policy and practice initiatives, this excellent health promotion textbook clearly explains the integral role of primary health care in supporting health promotion across all health care settings internationally.
Using sound, evidence-based research, the authors of this excellent health title address the social, environmental, cultural and psychological determinants of health, conveying essential skills for using health promotion strategies within primary health care to foster wellbeing and prevent ill health.
Moving through the health promotion continuum, Promoting Health: the primary health care approach identifies new challenges for health promotion students and health practitioners.
The authors look at such issues as public policy, health promotion values, ecological sustainability, social marketing, community action and engagement, program development and evaluation and more.
- Strengthened health promotion frameworks, with new examples from practice.
- The Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion frames the practice-based chapters, illustrating its relevance and direct application to health promotion practice internationally.
- Insight case studies illustrate health promotion initiatives, providing context for practice.
- Each chapter concludes with critical thinking questions to prompt personal reflection and broader reading.
- The Elsevier Evolve platform features ample online resources for lecturers and health promotion students, including an additional Q&A guide to in-text insights, an answer guide to in-text reflective questions; case studies and lecturer access to an answer guide to the online case studies.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone Australia 2014
- 6th November 2013
- Churchill Livingstone Australia
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Corporate and Community Planner – Strategy, City of Greater Bendigo, Bendigo, VIC
Senior Lecturer, La Trobe Rural Health School, College of Science, Health and Engineering, La Trobe University, Bendigo, VIC