- Multistep Parametric Processes in Nonlinear Optics, by S. Saltiel, A.A. Sukhorukov and Y.S. Kivshar.
- Modes of Wave-chaotic Dielectric Resonators, by H.E. Tureci, H.G.L. Schwefel, Ph. Jacquod and A.D. Stone.
- Nonlinear and Quantum Optics of Atomic and Molecular Fields, by C.P. Search and P. Meystre.
- Space-Variant Polarization Manipulation, by E. Hasman, G. Biener, A. Niv and V. Kleiner.
- Optical Vortices and Vortex Solitons, by A.S. Desyatnikov, L. Torner and Y.S. Kivshar.
- Phase Imaging and Refractive Index Tomography for X-rays and Visible Rays, by K. Iwata. Author index for Volume 47 Subject index for Volume 47 Contents of previous volumes Cumulative index - Volumes 1-47
In this volume, six review articles which cover a broad range of topics of current interest in modern optics are included.
The first article by S. Saltiel, A.A. Sukhorukov and Y.S. Kivshar presents an overview of various types of parametric interactions in nonlinear optics which are associated with simultaneous phase-matching of several optical processes in quadratic non-linear media, the so-called multi-step parametric interactions. The second article by H.E. Tureci, H.G.L. Schwefel, Ph. Jacquod and A.D. Stone reviews the progress that has been made in recent years in the understanding of modes in wave-chaotic systems. The next article by C.P. Search and P. Meystre reviews some important recent developments in non-linear optics and in quantum optics. The fourth article by E. Hasman, G. Biener, A. Niv and V. Kleiner discusses space-variant polarization manipulation. The article reviews both theoretical analysis and experimental techniques. The article which follows, by A.S. Desyatnikov, L. Torner and Y.S. Kivshar presents an overview of recent researches on optical vortices and phase singularities of electromagnetic waves in different types of non-linear media, with emphasis on the properties of vortex solitons. The concluding article by K. Iwata presents a review of imaging techniques with X-rays and visible light in which phase of the radiation that penetrates through a transparent object plays an important part.
Listing in Catalogues Elsevier Presentations on Sales Meetings Flyer Exhibitions Optional: Internal Ad Reviews Clustered promotion Contents Direct
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 2005
- 30th August 2005
- North Holland
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor Wolf works at the University of Rochester, NY, USA
University of Rochester, NY, USA