Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. An Overview of Fugal Glycan-based Therapeutics
2. Heparin: An Essential Drug for Modern Medicine
3. Low Molecular Weight Heparins and Their Clinical Applications
4. The Clinical Use of Fondaparinux: A Synthetic Heparin Pentasaccharide
5. Heparinoids as Clinically Used Drugs
6. Marine Glycan-Derived Therapeutics in China
7. Efficacy of Heparinoid PSS in Treating Cardiovascular and other Diseases--30 Years Clinical Applications in China
8. Ganoderma Sinense Polysaccharide--An Adjunctive Drug Used for Cancer Treatment
9. Fucoidan Used for Treating Renal Diseases: A Review of 15 Years Clinical Studies
10. Ganoderma Lucidum Polysaccharide Used for Treating Physical Frailty in China
11. The Biological Activities of the Antitumor Drug Grifola Frondosa Polysaccharide
12. Molecular Basis for Poria cocos Mushroom Polysaccharide Used as an Antitumor Drug in China
13. Biological Mechanisms of Glycan- and Glycosaminoglycan-based Nutraceuticals
14. Mushroom Polysaccharide Lentinan for Treating Different Types of Cancers—A Review of 12 Years Clinical Studies in China
15. Polyporus Umbellatus Polysaccharide in Treating Hepatitis B in China
16. Coriolus Versicolor Polysaccharopeptide as an Immunotherapeutic in China
17. Tremella Polysaccharide: The molecular Mechanisms of its Drug Action
18. The Structures and Biological Functions of Polysaccharides from Traditional Chinese Herbs
Glycans and Glycosaminoglycans as Clinical Biomarkers and Therapeutics - Part B, Volume 163 in the Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science series, provides informative monographs on a variety of research topics related to Glycans and glycosaminoglycans as clinical biomarkers and therapeutics. Topics in this update include an Overview of Fugal Glycan-based Therapeutics, Heparin: An Essential Drug for Modern Medicine, Low Molecular Weight Heparins and Their Clinical Applications, The Clinical Use of Fondaparinux: A Synthetic Heparin Pentasaccharid, Heparinoids as Clinically Used Drugs, Marine Glycan-Derived Therapeutics in China, Efficacy of Heparinoid PSS in Treating Cardiovascular and other Diseases—30 Years Clinical Applications in China, and more.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of molecular biology
- Presents ample use of tables, diagrams, schemata and color figures to enhance the reader's ability to rapidly grasp the information provided
- Contains contributions from renowned experts in the field
Scientists working actively in these fields, including those at levels ranging from graduate student to senior investigator. Volumes also are appropriate for new investigators to a field who wish to familiarize themselves with the latest work
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 26th April 2019
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lijuan Zhang is a Professor of Translational Medicine at Ocean University of China. She completed her doctorates of biochemistry and molecular genetics at University of Alabama at Birmingham in 1995. Before then, she was a Fogarty International Fellow at NIH for three years studying glycan-based cancer biomarkers. She worked as post-doctorate fellow and research associate at both MIT and Harvard Medical School from 1995-2002. She joined the faculty of the Department of Pathology & Immunology at Washington University in St. Louis in 2002 as a tenure-tracked Assistant Professor. Her research had been focused on the biosynthesis, structures, and biological functions of glycans since 1985. Now her work is on translational aspects of glycans as biomarkers and therapeutics. She has over 60 peer reviewed publications. She edited and published a book entitled “Glycosaminoglycans in Development, Health, and Diseases” with the contributions of top scientists worldwide in 2010 by Elsevier.
Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.